Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you ______ the things that are going on
This poll is closed.
recognize 17 18.89%
acknowledge 33 36.67%
see 15 16.67%
view 25 27.78%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Serious question, how many draft picks and how much straight up CASH would this take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

Serious question, how many draft picks and how much straight up CASH would this take?

All.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bill would never have a chance to draft another 3%er for the rest of his career

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There was a decent Ringer or Barnwell segment on this years back and basically for a young, coming off his rookie contract excellent QB, you wouldn't consider for less then say, 4 or 5 straight draft classes.

Like, there's no reason to do it, no price you can pay to get one, you can't make a market for it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kalli posted:

There was a decent Ringer or Barnwell segment on this years back and basically for a young, coming off his rookie contract excellent QB, you wouldn't consider for less then say, 4 or 5 straight draft classes.

Like, there's no reason to do it, no price you can pay to get one, you can't make a market for it.

Jerry Jones is going to gently caress up and lose his for nothing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Haha, yeah. Like it was dumb as hell for Washington to not give Kirk Cousins a long term contract, and Dallas keeps playing with Dak, it's just funny.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/1267918269798850563

thank u for ur solidarity, washington racial slurs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A big flaming stink posted:

thank u for ur solidarity, washington racial slurs

Oh wow, last time they had a blackout, Kennedy had to threaten 'em with a civil rights investigation to get them to stop it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Oh come on, this HAS to be parody

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Even Satan has some limits.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Oh wow, last time they had a blackout, Kennedy had to threaten 'em with a civil rights investigation to get them to stop it.

I appreciate this reference.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Same energy:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
guillotine!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The WWE is infamous for treating their black talent like poo poo right?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The WWE is infamous for treating their black talent like poo poo right?

what could possibly make you think that. i mean, it's not like they had a black guy take a move called the Curb Stomp on Martin Luther King Jr Day, right ha ha ha

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

She’s good at Twitter.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1267929593207500801

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

By dumb bullshit you mean his entire personality.

Yeah, I guess so, but I felt like there was the potential for him to be a good coach if he ever got his ego reigned in.

I guess if the Super Bowl against the Seahawks didn't do it, nothing would.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He said excellent QB, not replacement tier.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Dak is somewhere in between which is still worth a lot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The only good company response was Ben and Jerry’s agitating for complete revolution

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Yeah, I guess so, but I felt like there was the potential for him to be a good coach if he ever got his ego reigned in.

I guess if the Super Bowl against the Seahawks didn't do it, nothing would.
Gase is who he is and unless he takes a serious reflection of who he is as a person he will never change.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MrLogan posted:

Dak won a playoff game with Jason Garrett as the coach.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

The only good company response was Ben and Jerry’s agitating for complete revolution

Dang, now that's a good take

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Dang, now that's a good take

This and Phili doing what it’s been training to do for decades has made this a weird week

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol foreign video game companies are donating to BLM and NAACP and these guys are just putting up a twitter statement.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Video game companies are somehow less afraid of their fans who are some of the most toxic people on Earth than the NFL are I guess.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
they'll also bow down to china like all of american industry.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1267974681396559873?s=19

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ches Neckbeard posted:

they'll also bow down to china like all of american industry.

Square enix is a Japanese company so less likely

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol /r/nfl had to shut down for 24 hours

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
They're just doing a solidarity thing. Trying to get reddit to purge the racists (lol)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

sean10mm posted:

I mean without Brady, probably!

But also if they kept old Brady.

That said, if Stidham actually keeps the Patriots championship train rolling I might laugh myself to the hospital though.

I saw a dude in my Publix today (Tampa Bay Area) wearing a #4 Pats jersey. I was like oh drat, Adam vinatieri , gently caress the Pats but that’s a nice touch.

It was a Stidham Jersey.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lol imagine trying to explain to Colin Kaepernick in 2018 how completely quickly every NFL team was going to turn (superficially) on racial justice all of a sudden

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

quote:

Denver Broncos coach Vic Fangio called George Floyd's death a "societal issue that we all have to join in to correct," but said he doesn't see discrimination or racism as problems overall in the NFL.

"I think our problems in the NFL along those lines are minimal. We're a league of meritocracy, you earn what you get, you get what you earn. I don't see racism at all in the NFL, I don't see discrimination in the NFL," Fangio told reporters Tuesday when asked about his experiences in the league over the past four decades. "We all live together, joined as one, for one common goal, and we all intermingle and mix tremendously. If society reflected an NFL team, we'd all be great."

Whatever you say, Vic.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Timby posted:

Whatever you say, Vic.

They literally had to put in a rule to force teams to "interview" black coaches.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

And that rule solved racism

Wooooo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Timby posted:

Whatever you say, Vic.

Good lord. I mean on the one hand I don't think being a head coach actually means you are an intelligent, thoughtful individual. But on the other... good lord.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Timby posted:

Whatever you say, Vic.

Says the guy that was on the same team as Colin Keapernick, who *checks notes* is still blackballed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

And that rule solved racism

Wooooo

Many NFL higher-ups probably honestly believe that.