Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
gently caress amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Revins posted:

gently caress amazon

...it's hot sauce brah.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Revins posted:

I've settled on el yucateco black and crystal for my hot sauce purchases. They're cheap and the store I shop at has a weak selection overall so its slim pickins. used to get valentino but they don't carry it and the el yucateco black is solid

add valentina black to the rotation and you have a solid affordable trilogy. (oops i should learn to read. you should find a source for it though.)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

DanAdamKOF posted:

I ran across Melinda’s Green Sauce recently and while it’s hardly spicy, it’s super tasty. They classify it as a condiment for some reason but I use it like any other hot sauce.

Also this is my current lineup

I like Melinda's but the whole loving over Marie Sharps thing prevents me from buying it.

https://www.heatsupply.nl/en/this-is-the-extraordinary-story-behind-the-most-popular-hot-sauce-of-belize/

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Eating some carnitas with El Yucateco red habanero sauce. Pretty good. Had to bring my own bottle to the restaurant cause they’ve removed all condiments from the tables because people with covid might lick them or stick them up their asses or something.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Eating some carnitas with El Yucateco red habanero sauce. Pretty good. Had to bring my own bottle to the restaurant cause they’ve removed all condiments from the tables because people with covid might lick them or stick them up their asses or something.

become who you are truly meant to be.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

uber_stoat posted:

become who you are truly meant to be.

My iPad case works just fine, I use my holster for my balldo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Marie Sharps habanero is really good. Even my extremely picky stepson douses his tacos in it. He was a solid Cholula guy prior to the revelation.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Please don't sauce for me and my incredibly picky stepson ever again."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What's your favorite hot sauce on frozen pizza? Back in the day I used to use Frank's all the time and that was fine but my I stopped getting it for some reason. Crystal or any other Louisiana hot sauce works good as well. I might make a pizza tonight so I'm thinking Chipotle Cholula since that's nice too.

Any favorites? Any suggestions that I could get at any store that has a small hot sauce shelf? So like, mainstream stuff.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Poirers’s Louisiana Style Hot Sauce, hands down.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly, for me, for pizza, it's gotta be Frank's. Sriracha can *sometimes* go on cold leftover pizza only.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Walrus posted:

Honestly, for me, for pizza, it's gotta be Frank's. Sriracha can *sometimes* go on cold leftover pizza only.

Yeah I did sriracha on pizza before but it just doesn't do it for me. I like it for Asian dishes more.

I think I'm going to get me some Frank's. It's been years since I've had it not on wings.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I put Valentina on everything and love it on pizza. Both varieties are cheap and plentiful.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i got a generic grocery store brand chipotle hot sauce and it was ewww yucky!!!!

need to get more chili crisp. just picked up a new sambol.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Chili crisp is as good as the name “chili crisp” is bad.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i like the ¡YA ESTA! chipotle salsa with those super hot ghost pepper tortilla chips :kimchi:

the mrs renfros's ghost pepper salsa is good, but its way too hot for chips. good for eggs or whatever

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah I did sriracha on pizza before but it just doesn't do it for me. I like it for Asian dishes more.

I think I'm going to get me some Frank's. It's been years since I've had it not on wings.

Do you have a Festival foods down in that neck of the woods? If so, they and I think Woodman's stock a brand called "De La Viuda" in both red and verde varieties and they're spectacular, especially the verde which is like a real good 'Herdez -verde' except it has an honest "Green Bell Pepper" note to it which is surprising and fresh, it's good and hard to describe. The red sauce is 'Tapatio with a good Louisiana hot sauce stirred in', as much as "It's good enough to buy, friggin great on eggs" but like, I wouldn't write my mother about it as the ship was sinking type of hot sauce.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They have a bitchin' webpage too, apparently

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Do you have a Festival foods down in that neck of the woods? If so, they and I think Woodman's stock a brand called "De La Viuda" in both red and verde varieties and they're spectacular, especially the verde which is like a real good 'Herdez -verde' except it has an honest "Green Bell Pepper" note to it which is surprising and fresh, it's good and hard to describe. The red sauce is 'Tapatio with a good Louisiana hot sauce stirred in', as much as "It's good enough to buy, friggin great on eggs" but like, I wouldn't write my mother about it as the ship was sinking type of hot sauce.

I do have a Festival and it was just built maybe a year or two ago and that's my go to now. They have maybe a 4'-6' shelf of hot sauces so not too bad. I put De La Viuda on my grocery list so I look for it next time.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
For frozen pizza if I do sauce I usually put some blue cheese dressing and Frank’s on the plate. They mix together pretty dern good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I do have a Festival and it was just built maybe a year or two ago and that's my go to now. They have maybe a 4'-6' shelf of hot sauces so not too bad. I put De La Viuda on my grocery list so I look for it next time.

I know you've got love for grocery store take out.

I have either great news or terrible news to share w/you regarding Festivals egg salad and chicken salad sandwiches they're delicious and somehow ludicrously over-priced, as in "You've got to be loving kidding me I'm not paying $6 for egg salad on white bread with no fixings" over-priced...but you will pay them.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i like franks or sriracha for frozen pizza. i don't use the sriracha for much else though

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We practiced last month with some store-bought serranos, habs, and a red bell. We made a sauce that was surprisingly bright.

Now my Thai dragons are green and starting to turn red, my Ghosts are fruiting, and I have 10 scotch bonnets about to make a good leap in the heat.

I'm gonna be rolling in the brightest hot sauces for at least a year. Yay!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Kaddish posted:

I like Melinda's but the whole loving over Marie Sharps thing prevents me from buying it.

https://www.heatsupply.nl/en/this-is-the-extraordinary-story-behind-the-most-popular-hot-sauce-of-belize/

It's crazy how this sort of thing can so easily happen. You'd think there'd be a pretty basic copyright shittest to handle stuff like this or what happened to the harvest moon/story of seasons franchise. "Did you put the work into developing the thing yourself or are you trying to steal it from the people who did" doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult to determine in these sorts of contexts.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 24, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I might make a pizza tonight so I'm thinking Chipotle Cholula since that's nice too.

This is seriously my favorite hot sauce to eat with frozen pizza. El Yucateco red for most other things.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Choula or el yukataeco green pepper/jalapeno hot sauce for pizza.
It doesn't compete with the toppings.

Dave's scorpion pepper hot sauce
rogue moruga blood orange scorpion pepper sauce is my new favorite.
Dave's scorpion pepper hot sauce is stronger but doesn't taste as good.

Melinda's extra hot habanero is always at my house and I'm partial to Choula red, wife likes Valentina

Queen majesty scotch bonnet and ginger is great as well.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 25, 2021

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Picked up this bad boy at home sense yesterday while m'lady was buying cushions.

Havnt tried it yet but I'm eager to turbo charge my next meal.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i had to replensih my hot sauce stock so my new order came in, hell yeah

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
jesus

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Today I put Tabasco in a chicken wrap I made along side some mayo and lemon pepper seasoning

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Crisp and Juicys Aji de Recoto on everything

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Bigfat's makes some good sauces, and their 708 (Trinidad 7 Pot peppers) is probably my favorite sauce ever. Eggs, burgers, chili - doesn't matter.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't like HOT hot sauces. Sriracha is hot to me in large quantities (which I always use it in large quantities). Habanero is probably my limit. I used some el yucateco habanero sauce in my tuna salad, just mixed it all in, and it was good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Xaris posted:

i had to replensih my hot sauce stock so my new order came in, hell yeah

I’m gonna have to post my collection when I get home this weekend. It is…extensive.

What did you end up thinking of the Fiya Fiya Fiya btw? Adoboloco is one of my favorite hot sauce makers, everything they do is gold.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m gonna have to post my collection when I get home this weekend. It is…extensive.

What did you end up thinking of the Fiya Fiya Fiya btw? Adoboloco is one of my favorite hot sauce makers, everything they do is gold.

You've inspired me to restock on new sauces, starting with Adoboloco. If I did the 3-pack, what are your recommendations?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

luchadornado posted:

You've inspired me to restock on new sauces, starting with Adoboloco. If I did the 3-pack, what are your recommendations?

That one, the Maui No Ka Oi, and for the third pick one that sounds like something you haven’t tried before. They’ve never done me wrong. The Fiya Fiya Fiya one is HOT and the Maui one is still decently hot even though it’s not as intense, so maybe their jalapeño one so you can have a spectrum of heat? But I would go for a “hmmm, that’s interesting” one first.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My friend makes a reall good Caribbean pepper suace (Van Kwartel Flavor Sciences) and I’ll use that stuff to burn out any gut issues or colds. Works 60 percent of the time all the time and ranges in hotness flavors. I usually get the smoky red or orange sunrise though, both great on EGG

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ugly In The Morning posted:

it's pretty good, definitely teetering on an unpleasant-level of hotness but totally doable, so it ends up being not used a whole lot. i mostly use it for mac and cheese or bbq-y foods though and it's great for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Hey hotheads,

Can anyone recommend a sauce that has some good heat but just really hits you with vinegar? I like the salt and vinegar chips thst give you acid burns for reference.