Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Secret Aardvark is so good. I had some on a fried fish sandwich for lunch and it's so delicious. The near perfect balance of sweetness and heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I like to make my WORLD FAMOUS RED SAUCE.

I take everything thats spicy and/or red in my kitchen and mix it all up in a bowl.

:discourse:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:colbert:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Crystal is my favourite but I can't find it around here.

Valentina suuucks.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ripe habs aren't even green but it's still neon green because it's dyed that way

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

poverty goat posted:

ripe habs aren't even green but it's still neon green because it's dyed that way

yeah and its loving delicious bvitch!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

poverty goat posted:

the added lead oxidizes into radioactive green for extra flavor

(there is actually not noticeable levels of lead in it)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Crystal is my favourite but I can't find it around here.

Valentina suuucks.

my roommate back in my college years got me into valentina at the time and it was great because it was like 79 cents for a giant loving bottle of it and we were poor as poo poo. i've mostly stopped wtih tapatio/chalupa/valentina because there's much better ones that go with mexican food, or ideally an actual salsa bar, but if those are the only options, so be it i won't be upset. el yucateco is the second best cheap taqueria option after a good salsa bar if that's the only choice.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

peppers naturally grow in all kinds of colors and it's an insult to all of the people who had to die so that the white man could have peppers to dye a pepper that's not even green with yellow #5 and blue #1 so it looks like nuclear waste

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

poverty goat posted:

peppers naturally grow in all kinds of colors and it's an insult to all of the people who had to die so that the white man could have peppers to dye a pepper that's not even green with yellow #5 and blue #1 so it looks like nuclear waste

how DARE u insult the good people who manufacture yellow #5 and blue #1.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gently caress yellow #5 and blue #1

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

:hmmyes:

but that XX hotter one and the black one and the red one

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

The balance between the donkey dick and prolapsed donkey colon flavors are superb.

Personally I love everything El Yucateco makes except for that awful black sauce.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

I like this stuff mixed with ketchup and slathered on fries. Any green sauce works but this one is better than most for it.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BbHFvwSaaWU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Cholula is my fave.
Edit

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
You grilled the habaneros eh? I’m thinking of trying to make my own sauce too. I was gonna do some habenero + some sort of hot red pepper with vinegar etc. if you ferment it for a couple weeks before blending I guess it has a lot more flavor. I didn’t think about cooking any of the peppers first though

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

AHH F/UGH posted:

Vinegar based hot sauces are generally gross and taste cheap, Franks, Tabasco etc.

Tomato and Chili based ones like Sriracha and the like are way better.

this post is so foolish it must be trolling.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Tetramin posted:

You grilled the habaneros eh? I’m thinking of trying to make my own sauce too. I was gonna do some habenero + some sort of hot red pepper with vinegar etc. if you ferment it for a couple weeks before blending I guess it has a lot more flavor. I didn’t think about cooking any of the peppers first though
habs have such good flavor but they are gently caress off hot, and dont tell me other pepper are hotter because i know they are, but habs dont gently caress around either, reply directed at everyone not just your post

that first sweet bell pepper like flavor from the hab before it kicks you in the nuts with heat is so good

and the heat from the hab is more than people are used to, like id say its hotter than a thai birds eye for sure, and a lot hotter too, its kind of a benchmark pepper

its very hot, its sweet and tasty, but it doesnt gently caress around. not much flesh on the pepper. size doesnt matter when it comes to the habanero :smug:

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 3, 2020

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I have a basic habanero sauce for adding to food I didn’t quite make hot enough, like a chili or curry. You don’t need a lot to boost it to a level most people are uncomfortable with. I’d like to give an honourable mention to a nameless mojo sauce a friend brought back from the Canary Isles for me a few years back, which had a heavy cumin flavour, as well as a great warm background heat that worked really well with fried potatoes.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dixville posted:

Cholula is my fave.
Edit

Cholula is solid and easily my favorite mainstream hot sauce. It's just familiar and works with most dishes.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Anything with scotch bonnets is delicious, because scotch bonnets are delicious

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

numberoneposter posted:

habs have such good flavor but they are gently caress off hot, and dont tell me other pepper are hotter because i know they are, but habs dont gently caress around either, reply directed at everyone not just your post

that first sweet bell pepper like flavor from the hab before it kicks you in the nuts with heat is so good

and the heat from the hab is more than people are used to, like id say its hotter than a thai birds eye for sure, and a lot hotter too, its kind of a benchmark pepper

its very hot, its sweet and tasty, but it doesnt gently caress around. not much flesh on the pepper. size doesnt matter when it comes to the habanero :smug:

Habenero slices on melon chunks rule and if you haven’t tried that yet you should.

Habs are the hottest pepper I’ll usually just eat on their own. I want to try just chomping down on a ghost pepper but I’m worried the abdominal cramping later that day will be too brutal.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

noticing a lot of ur opinions on hotsuaces

lol u guys are
'

WRONG

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
cholula and frank's red hot are good sauces for babies to drink

(when i was a kid at summer camp they had big squeeze bottles full of frank's and i would just shoot it right into my mouth)

now if it's not minimum habenero it's not even worth looking at. ghost pepper or carolina reaper are where it's at really, hot but still not overwhelming the flavor

let this be a cautionary tale, maybe

also making your own hot sauce is incredibly simple, quick and straightforward and i really recommend it. still time to buy some hot pepper starts for the garden

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Hot sauce thread

Hot sauce thread

One a penny two a penny

Hot sauce thread

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i dont measure my dong in scoville units so i just like normal hot sauces that dont insinuate i have something to prove, heh :)

green tobasco is p solid

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i tried becoming a hot sauce guy, bought a bunch of different ones to try out

i found out i'm pretty much covered with a bottle of red top sriracha and valentina black label

i'm a basic bitch :(

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I love me some hot sauce.

One night a few weeks ago I was eating some chips with DA BOMB on them (which admittedly is not a great sauce but it is super hot). I got a very very sharp pain in my stomach, like cripplingly sharp. It went away after about 10 minutes. I haven't eaten any real hot sauce since, which is weird because I normally thrive on the stuff.

What the hell was that?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Wall Balls posted:

i found out i'm pretty much covered with a bottle of red top sriracha and valentina black label

valentina tastes good

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Also here are my favorites, I think they were all on Hot Ones

Zombie is my favorite, nice sweet flavor with lots of garlic.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Statutory Ape posted:

noticing a lot of ur opinions on hotsuaces

lol u guys are
'

WRONG

Have you ever considered that you might be incorrect? Like that your opinions might be spicy and therefore hot sauce?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I just used some Valentina black label on some eggs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my motherFUCKin taco shop PWNS u DWEEBs

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I had Cholula on a veggie burger and it was pretty good.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wall Balls posted:

They all taste the same. They taste like hot. Cool little bottles on some of them, though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I hate hot sauce bottle labels. They're so busy and tacky.

Just make a simple design.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bewbies posted:

Also here are my favorites, I think they were all on Hot Ones

That show sucks, and the strangely gesticulating host is maybe the least charismatic man alive.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My very first thread on SA was a PYF hot sauce thread probably a decade ago at this point :buddy:

My go-to every day use sauce is Chipotle Cholula:

But my favorite overall sauce has to be Backdraft:

Goes great on subs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Super Waffle posted:

My very first thread on SA was a PYF hot sauce thread probably a decade ago at this point :buddy:

My go-to every day use sauce is Chipotle Cholula:

But my favorite overall sauce has to be Backdraft:

Goes great on subs!

thank u for coming back and sharing your expertise with us