Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I find I get the most pleasure out of reading when I'm able to be absorbed into the book for at least thirty minutes, because otherwise it feels like watching a movie in ten minute chunks at random times over the course of a month. When I've been out of practice on reading for a while, it also helps me to start with easier novels that I can burn through in a couple sittings, like Michael Crichton or Stephen King, because they get me back into the mood of reading, and it lights the desire. One of my favorite things in the world is when a book's got such a grip on you that all you want to do in your spare time is read it, so reminding myself of that feeling is a great way to get the momentum going again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
It's funny, I actually prefer older paperbacks specifically because the text is smaller and denser. It drives me crazy when I go to pick up a book hold at the library and it's a copy where the text is

printed like this with great big

margins and what could have

been a hundred page book is

now a massive floppy tome of

prose printed like a bad self-

published poetry collection.

The ones that really drive me crazy are the weirdly tall, thin paperbacks, because they're hard to read with one hand (topheavy but also the page to spine ratio is off so it doesn't hold itself open like a proportionally wider copy does).