Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have trouble with audio books because I generally have a hard time with briefly losing concentration constantly.

When I read a book, for example, I frequently read sentences/paragraphs multiple times in a row, just because I'll realize that I forgot what I just read. It's hard to explain. Not like ADD, but more like it takes energy to keep my mind active and it's default state is to revert to complete nothingness, so I'll read a sentence on autopilot and realize that I didn't actually process it. With audio I can't easily go over the same passage multiple times like that. (This is also an issue when conversing with people, and I'm just lucky enough to have a job where most important communication can be in writing.)

The same thing actually also happens when writing; I probably looked at every sentence in this post at least three times, because I can't remember exactly what I wrote in the preceding sentences and want to make sure that it's still coherent. It's weird now that I'm typing it out like this, but I'm so used to it that I don't notice and just do it automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU