Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I'm admittedly a charity skeptic (I think the entire system of charitable giving in the U.S. is largely a corrupt racket). That being said... the ACLU has been known to go to bat for Nazis. They will also sell your information to the DCCC and every other shitlib PAC, expect to be getting letters from Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer begging you to go to bat for the worst people in the Democratic party.

Amnesty International accepts a huge amount of money from the Gates Foundation, and that money comes with strings, and those strings are frequently shitlib strings; they're expected to never address the fundamental issues with capitalism, any sort of corruption or human rights abuses linked with it, etc.

The other one I hear a lot about on the left is the SPLC, which is much better politically than the other two, but is a complete loving poo poo-show internally.

Medecins Sans Frontieres are pretty great, from everything I've heard. I also give to my local tenants union, and contribute to certain progressive politicians (There's a GOONPAC thread here if you were interested in giving that way), but you should be looking at charities that have things they have done *LATELY*. My local tenants union helped push through two pieces of major reform legislation last year, but a non-profit can wildly change from year to year if the staffing changes, or key personnel leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU