Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should you trust?
The cops? :laffo:
View Results

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey everybody,

As I'm sure you're all aware there is currently a wave of protests and rioting gripping the United States, brought about by the death of George Floyd. I believe this issue warrants your attention, and a lot of you are probably wondering what the next step is or where this is all going.

Currently I think the best thing a lot of us can really do in a situation like this is to listen and educate ourselves; to better understand and appreciate why this is happening and what you can do to help.
This Googledoc is a good compiled resource of what is currently happening, events, petitions, educational material, and places to donate.

So what can you do to help and show your support?

Well would you like this Gangtag?

Great! Because the ONLY way to get it is too make a donation supporting the protests currently happening in America and around the world; and bringing further attention to this injustice.

--------------------------------------------

Here's what to do
1.) Make a donation (Any amount, do not donate above your means)
- This GoogleDoc has a list of places to donate which actively support the protests
- You can also donate to the split bail fund, to help protesters make bail
- Make a donation or purchase elsewhere that supports the protests (And you can prove it)
2.) Post a pic ITT proving you have donated
3.) I will queue up this fabulous Gangtag for you:

:siren: No donation. :siren:
:siren: No tag.
:siren:

:siren:There is a limit of 2 Gangtags MAX :siren:
- If you have more than 1 Gangtag, please let me know what tag you would like to keep alongside 'Only Trust Your Fists'.
- If you do not elect one, I will choose ~the prettiest~

:siren: If you have already donated :siren:
Link evidence here if you would like the tag!

:siren: Please edit out your personal info in the donations :siren:
Unless you would like the whole world to be knowing your business.

---------------------------------------------

If you would like to join in the discussion
- US Riot Thread in GBS
- Cool Zone in C-Spam
- If you can recommend any other worthwhile discussion threads on this issue please let me know so I can direct people to them.

And remember kids.
https://i.imgur.com/UcZQpnI.mp4

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bonus variant:
<<I won't be able to give this to you as a tag

(You can technically buy yourself a new avatar with the tag if you don't want to donate)

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 5, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have donated $11 to the Split bail fund

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Infinitum can you replace the space buds one for me? If I can actually only keep 2 give me cool zone & fists, please, but ideally I'd like Triangulo de Muerte/Cool Zone/Fists

A new rule has been implemented for Games, and we're cutting tags down to 2 whenever new tags are being handed out.

Sorry mate :(

(Zone + Fists it is)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Weedle posted:

can i get the "police will never help you" version of the tag

Unfortunately this is not being uploaded as a tag.

You can buy it for yourself as a new avatar if you like. (Then I'll edit back in your old av with it as a tag)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spiffness posted:

Let's blow away the DSA tag.

Thank you!

You would still have 3 tags. Please let me know which tag you would like to keep alongside Fisttag

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

stev posted:

Is there a deadline for this? I probably won't be able to donate until the end of the week.

It will likely be up for a while. You'll be fine.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please don't donate above your means; especially if you have bills to pay and food to buy.

Even if it's only a few dollars, every little bit helps.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tithin posted:

What if I want a new av to go with the tag

Buy the AV, I will add your Raccoon Goon + Fistgang tags in afterwards

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK good news, tag is now official.

If you are buying a new avatar later, here is the code for the tag.
code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/trustfists.png[/img]
Bad news, it has been requested that the tags be handed out in small batches (As it gunks up the mod queue)
I will be handing them out as quickly as I can, and I thank you for your patience! Everybody who has donated will be getting the tag!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Incredible! Well done everybody.

The first batch is done!
Again I apologise for the slow roll out, and thank you for your patience.

Apparently I have a bit of a rep for queuing up 400+ gangtags at once and annoying the admins :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My god.. it's full of tabs..

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chubby Henparty posted:

Hey, would like in on this and hope this direct debt instruction for the UK Green & Black Cross collective @GBCLegal suffices, their online donation system isn't very smooth.

Please let us know how much you've donated for the tally~

Comrade Koba posted:

wish I could give more but am literally poor as gently caress rn :(

Don't be like that! As 100YrsofAttitude said, every dollar counts and this thread alone is over $18,500 already! You've done a great thing by supporting the cause!

It is much more important to look after your home situation first before making a donation.
Please don't ever donate above your means, and you shouldn't ever feel upset or ashamed about that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Prettttttty sure that makes 19k

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is the true Cool Zone :frogc00l:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zodium posted:

how does this work, i am a dumb dumb and i guess i'd like to have fists / police

Buy this as your new avatar.

Then ask me very nicely to restore your old avatar, and I will give you both Fists + Police tags

Linking your old av as reference jic you do it.

(If other people want this, you will need to buy the Police tag as your avatar as well. I can't do freebies unfortunately, and it helps Lowtax with server funds)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also link your old avatar in a post before you do it, like I did above, cause I sure as gently caress won't know what your old one looked like.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to bed. Will queue next batch after work tomorrow.

Zodium posted:

:thanks: also please restore my old avatar.

It's queued. Let me know if spacing is OK.
It wasn't designed to be a double tag.

quote:

if anyone loses their avatar, you can find them stored as userid-avatarid.png. avatar number go up one each change. so for me my new avatar is https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/ae/52/00057081.0002.png and the old one is 0001. i guess there may be a limit or time limit, idk.

Rephrase: Infinitum is a lazy IK and doesn't want to do work. So link the avatar for me so I do less work :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

gently caress it, I haven't spent enough money for this website after years of service and I love both of these texts.

This here is my old av, no need for the text below it:

I'd appreciate it if the phrases can be in the appropriate order, but if not that's cool.

I can't use imgur (or other website links)
You need to link your previous avatars URL or it won't work

Which looks like this
https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/d0/ff/00199607.0001.gif

(SA forums do not allow direct linking to other sites as part of your avatar. It has to be hosting on SA)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's still findable on the server, I believe. I have no idea how to do it, but I've seen people that know how to find the URL find old avatars.

I know how to find them, but depending on the age of the avatar it could be in a couple of different folders; so it's easier to just link it for me :v:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I see.

So, you've done that for me then. I think. I'm sorry I'm really bad at this stuff...

All good mate, don't stress. I have queued the old avatar + tags back up.

If the spacing is weird I'll just add a couple of pixels to the police tag to even it out.

Tomorrow
Cause it's 1am.
And I'm sleepy
:v:

(Or another goon could do it for me. Like 2-3 pixels in height to the top. That'd be sweet)
(Again. Lazy)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm still at work, and all I can say is that I'm very very proud of everybody in this thread.

I know there's also a lot of people out there that want to donate and can't, but they need to ensure their home situation is solid first before worrying about donations

Goons are good people :unsmith:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am home now, and I will queue up the next batch of tags shortly!

VideoGames posted:

Over 23k now raised!

:allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK I promise I won't nod off at my computer next time :v:

Next batch is queued! I will have a word with the mods+admins to see if I can push a bigger queue through, because you arseholes keep loving donating money and you deserve your tags lickity split! :argh:
(I make no promises though)

--------------------------------

:siren: With regards to people who buy a new avatar to get the dual tags. :siren:

:siren: Use this image instead from now on, as it adds spacing and will look better.
:siren:

People who I have previously done this for, I will fix you up the next time someone buys it (cause then I can use that url to fix yours :ninja:)

Reminder to link your previous avatar in a post for me before you buy the 'Police' one, like this:

Epsilon Plus posted:

I will do this.

Again as a reminder I will ONLY do this for people who donate + buy a new avatar.
No freebies.

Preview of how the fixed version will look

(I will also remove all other gangtags except these 2 if you do it)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Because you are a cutey patootey I have queued your tags before I fall asleep

It is now 130am so zzz

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vincent posted:

If I have a red text, can I use my previous av after I buy the POLICE WILL NEVER HELP YOU thing?

Keep the red text when you remake it, and I'll just rearrange everything after the fact

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Genthil posted:

Fist me, Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tulip posted:

Can I get the double set up like Invictus? Trash the av/text if you need to, Debs's had a good run.

For a $1000 you can get the double tags for free my friend :chanpop:

Holy poo poo goons are amazing :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrAYxWPN6c

It's also the sound of me handing out gangtags.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK I have handed out tags for users on pages 1-3

I have also handed out the dual tag for people who bought a new avatar + donated.

I hope I don't get yelled at cause every day there's like an extra 2-3 pages of donations :ohdear:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

purple death ray posted:

23k is just this thread right? Are there other donation threads going in other forums?

Oh it's WELL over 23k by now. I've just been super busy and haven't had time to do a full recount.

I was at work stuck on my mobile :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pages 4-5 have been queued for tags. :slick:

As always I thank you for your patience during the roll out.

I'll make some time tomorrow and tally up the donations thus far, I bet it'll be some stupid number because Goons are amazing. :allears:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 7, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to bed, but I may be able to do a BIG batch of tags tomorrow to help with catch up as I've been talking with the admins about it.

Just seeing how far I can push the friendship :v:

I really want to ensure you incredible nerds get tagged up ASAP

EDIT: Approval received. 200+ batch getting queued up tomorrow :getin:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 7, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You also donated $583.. so like.. yeah, you do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_OkCsexjw

Time to queue some tags :getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Thread is fully updated :siren:

247 new tags queued :toot:

- If I hosed up your avatar lemme know and I'll fix you up.
- Users who donated over $500 get the dualtags as a freebie.

I'll try and find some time later tonight and tally up donations, I think it's easily over $50k by now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

@admins having to process my queue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHVW-S9JkKA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

milward posted:

I just ordered the blue text as an avatar as well, I would like to have them in the right order if that is possible?
Or do I have to request that somewhere else?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

OK I just tallied up every screenshot with numbers of donations and can say that there are 490 donations with numbers and 7 without.

Those 490 make up 46238.55 in donations.

You are all incredible. I have a couple of friends in the US that these donations WILL help and I just cannot get over how incredible everyone of you is.

Cheers for doing this for me VG, most appreciated.

Goons are just the best :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If there's one thing Goons love, it's a good fisting apparently.

At work, will queue up the next batch when I am home.

Will also queue permabans for the 4 people who voted cops :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

An extra $5,900.99 donated since last update!
We are now over :siren: $50,000USD! :siren:

Thank you Goons.

EDIT: Tag queue is up to date! Just awaiting admin approval. If I missed you please let me know~

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What personal info :ninja: