Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
I feel like an odd-man out as I never found the system for morphs from 1st edition to be as super clunky as a lot of people say and am not a huge fan of how 2e decided to change it up. And this isn't because I'm the type who's into needless crunch; there's still so many mechanics and sub-systems in 1e that I still don't even understand, and I've been playing this game for 7+ years, it's just the modifiers you got from switching morphs was always one of the mechanics I found more intuitive to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
So the group I play with on Saturdays has returned to our 1e Eclipse Phase campaign this Saturday (We have rotating GMs and campaigns, you see) and I just wanted to ramble a bit about that since I really like what's been going on with that game.

Rather than playing a group of Firewall agents, the party are all members of a homebrewed, Mars-based organization that troubleshoots issues with the Martian TQZ. It's set up with a decentralized structure similar to Firewall, but is explicitly public-facing. The party is primarily based out of a mobile scum caravan that wanders the Martian outback near the TQZ and, excluding my characters, currently consists of a rogue AGI-uplift hacker originally who escaped captivity on the moon and is currently trying to ingratiate herself into hypercorp society; A slightly socially awkward infiltrator with a mysterious past and some shady connections to the Guanxi; and our newest addition, an ex-Sufi nomad mechanic/crafter associated who's a sort of "Extropian-lite" ideologically (Saturday was her player's first session with the group and first experience playing Eclipse Phase, and everyone was really impressed with how well she incorporated her character into the setting lore).

And that brings us to my character(s): A former sociologist who was living amongst the Sufi Nomads when The Fall hit and was the only survivor of the conclave she was travelling with. Following her traumatic experience during The Fall she dropped her old identity, went off the grid in the Martian outback and became an important member of the homebrew organization I mentioned. She's not my only character, though, as I'm also playing her surrogate daughter who is secretly a gestalt ego created primarily from the vapor of a Sufi Nomad girl my main character used to travel with before The Fall. She's 8 years old and loves dinosaurs.

I especially excited for this adventure since the party (including my main character) have only recently discovered that the girl is a gestalt and are trying to track down the scientist who created her, who has possibly gotten caught in a faction dispute between Cognite and 9-Lives. I am looking forward to good times!