Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

SchrodingersCat posted:

I try to get my wife to crack ping and instead she just gets all anxious and weird, so I have to keep the crack pings to myself.

This happened to me with my long term, cohabitating ex-girlfriend (last August) :(

But like, she's an infectious disease doctor how the gently caress was I supposed resist asking questions?

Edit: What a terrible post to have a snipe.

Have another kitty

Forseti has issued a correction as of 18:37 on Aug 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

mistermojo posted:

it rules that if you look into almost any study you will find obvious flaws and oversights. no wonder half of them can't even be replicated

This is a huge issue and it is made even worse by breathless Twitter commentary and sensationalized scientific reporting in the press.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

tenderjerk posted:

kids can't get covid

Truly the most infuriating bullshit

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

skewetoo posted:

P high tbqh

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

so are you just not allowed to get sick or quarantine or isolate anymore once you've used up your covid leave and your holiday time

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Computer, show me what's really important

Mickey wants your money

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Rip my box into pieces,
These are my crumbs to snort,
Suffocation, no breathing
Don't give a gently caress that these aren't Wheaties

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Biowarfare posted:

so are you just not allowed to get sick or quarantine or isolate anymore once you've used up your covid leave and your holiday time

Look stop asking questions and put this sanitizer on your hands.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
if no one else is going to jump on a new thread I will tonight or tomorrow

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hey everyone, this thread is over 7000 pages now and it's making some peoples' machines chug (thanks radium). Could someone take the lead on rebooting the thread to a new iteration (with links back to this thread and maybe good/useful posts if necessary)?

Thanks!

only if we can name it

COVID-19 Ligma Variant: I'm actually one of the smartest people I know.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

azurite posted:

Rip my box into pieces,
These are my crumbs to snort,
Suffocation, no breathing
Don't give a gently caress that these aren't Wheaties

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pillowpants posted:

if no one else is going to jump on a new thread I will tonight or tomorrow

Just in time for the new school year

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

T+16 or so hours from pfizer shot 3. no side effects except a sore arm and a small headache last night and this morning thats cleared up.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Biowarfare posted:

yeah just like non-covid sick leave

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

DemoneeHo posted:

I've got an autoimmune disease, so it's treated with a TNF blocker biologic and a different immunosuppressive agent, Azathioprine, that also weakens my immune system. I've heard that the latter has the bigger effect on vaccine effectiveness, but I don't know what the actual research says.

Nope. The pharmacist asked me personally if I was immunocompromised, but I didn't have to give any kind of documentation. The biggest worry I have is if my insurance will cover the third shot, cause I didn't bother to look into that first, lol

I do too, I’m on humira and Mycophenalate. My doctor man against my disease sent me an email this morning saying “oh guess what you do qualify! Call us to schedule an appointment and for a pre-booster antibody test.”

Thanks chief, but I’m good and way ahead of you.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

fosborb posted:

only if we can name it

COVID-19 Ligma Variant: I'm actually one of the smartest people I know.

Oh absolutely

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

dxt posted:

Last week I got an email from our corporate overlords saying that covid theater and masking (when not at your desk) would return in areas where covid risk was high, local HR said we would not be requiring masks again as covid risk was only substantial not high in our county according to the CDC. I've been checking the CDC map corporate linked daily and on Friday our county was finally up to high risk, sent an email to HR asking if this would change anything, "well the president of the company is out today and he makes those kind of decisions." No updates today! lol

lmfao and rip

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
[COVIDelta-19] Back to School

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

at what point do we just start calling it covid-21

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Glumwheels posted:

I do too, I’m on humira and Mycophenalate. My doctor man against my disease sent me an email this morning saying “oh guess what you do qualify! Call us to schedule an appointment and for a pre-booster antibody test.”

Thanks chief, but I’m good and way ahead of you.

Get another one

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
id make thred but I’m on mobile fer a spell

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Korean Boomhauer posted:

id make thred but I’m on mobile fer a spell

Great, awesome! It's not an emergency so whenever you get to it is great. Thanks KB :)

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corona familiar posted:

at what point do we just start calling it covid-21

I imagine we don't change the names of diseases after they're commonly known, unless they're new diseases.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Made my appt for a Moderna +1 to my April Pfizer doses. Used my real info and hopefully this CVS doesn't give a poo poo to check anything out like it seems other people have had luck with

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Covid19: rushing delta lamba iota this semester

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Covid Eternal

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Get another one

I probably will and have to in a month from lambda

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Covid19: rushing delta lamba iota this semester

lmao

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lenin Stimpy posted:

I imagine we don't change the names of diseases after they're commonly known, unless they're new diseases.

It is an interesting question, what makes a variant vs. a new disease?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

sonatinas posted:

might have to look at costs of a corsi cube vs just buying a air purifier for a classroom, if they’ll even let me do that, maybe I’ll have to just do it for every dang classroom since everyone else is cheap as hell

Considering the same, just remember that those things are bulky and are kinda loud and flimsy as gently caress. Depending on what level school you’re talking about, you’re going to want to make some modifications. For example i’m looking at a layer of window screen over the top of the fan to prevent poo poo from being dropped in there, since I’m looking at an upward facing fan and younger kids. Check with your teachers for how much room they can accommodate.

I sourced it out at about $80-85 per box.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

https://twitter.com/CAgovernor/status/1312437371460173825
remember to both out on and take your mask off between bites but also minimize the number of times you take your mask off

i thought this was a parody at first but nope it's real

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol oh hello company wide email stating that we have 2 employees that popped positive
oh but don't worry they weren't within 6 feet of any other employees? :waycool:

Morbus
May 18, 2004

thats y u get 2 of both

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

office fully open biden
masks required if you're within 6 feet of another employee
otherwise its mask free
lmaoooooo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It is an interesting question, what makes a variant vs. a new disease?

variant is a change in genome, disease is a symptom-based word

so if the symptoms caused by two variants are similar it's not really a new disease

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tzen posted:

lol oh hello company wide email stating that we have 2 employees that popped positive
oh but don't worry they weren't within 6 feet of any other employees? :waycool:

hahahaha kill me please

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
I told my kids' school that we're going to homeschool, and the email I got back from the Principal had some real captain of the titanic looking at the iceberg vibes. We're friendly and he's very diplomatic and his email basically said "I understand your decision. I've read the research on delta and I'm just hoping we can get through the fall without too much of a spike." School starts this week, here we go.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

PostNouveau posted:

Good thing they limited the "covid leave" to 10 days, enough time to do a single quaratine.

I exhausted my covid leave last year, and no new covid leave this year because "COVID IS OVER".

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

mdemone posted:

variant is a change in genome, disease is a symptom-based word

so if the symptoms caused by two variants are similar it's not really a new disease

But the symptoms are different? OG covid - fever, loss of taste smell. Delta - sore throat, runny nose, headache?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

But the symptoms are different? OG covid - fever, loss of taste smell. Delta - sore throat, runny nose, headache?

true but the end result is similar, so I'd think that would take precedence over the preliminary and relatively not dangerous symptoms.

but then, thankfully, I am not a doctor, at least of the medical sciences