Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Spoondick posted:

i didn't go through 6 months of pseudolockdown eating brunch outside of a subway restaurant, having to do all of my casual shopping at grocery stores and halving the number of my leisure trips while wearing my mask until seated at the table for some rednecks to screw it all up, im never doing that again

good news, there will be hundreds of thousands fewer of them for the best christmas present ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You're being ironic like OP was, right?

Ironic? No. Hopeless of any other outcome, yes.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Jon Irenicus posted:

do we have any numbers of how more transmissible Delta is than the OG?

Do we have any real scientists or medical professionals in government?

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Mola Yam posted:

Lady's had like 700+ weeks to get sprogged up

Also in Melbourne's lockdown you could still meet an "intimate partner" . loving can't be outlawed

She could try one of these they use to use for wine during plagues:
https://www.finedininglovers.com/article/florence-wine-holes-reopen

but then just make it a 21st century version as a glory hole, may want to add some cushion instead of that stonework to the exterior though

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Thoguh posted:

just lol if this is correct and the only thing the FDA is waiting on for full authorization is determining the exact "best by" date.

https://twitter.com/Biomaven/status/1420373728408526857?s=20

I mean the government has been very strict about not wasting vaccines so far, why start now?

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
just to finish crack pinging, do those charts showing strains of covid overtaking others mean that were just going to be in perpetually mutating strains of covid forever?

edit: due to the apparent ability to get different strains of covid

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

The Saucer Hovers posted:

well...yeah? absolutely. assuredly.

awesome, so then basically everyones worried about lambda, because as soon as delta is done burning through the population it leaves everyone wide open in the middle of winter for that one?

if so i think im going to rethink my long term planning

edit: also my avatar because that was amusing at the time and isnt any longer

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

genericnick posted:

Should crash with 100 km/h into a wall then. Not sure what your point is?

I think hes saying you should crash into at at 60% speed so 60km/h then youll be safe, just wear a mask so the wall doesnt hurt your face as much

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

i am harry posted:

do hydroponics. I took it up over the last few months and it’s so much fun.

same, i do something like this for infinite greens in a large tray:

https://www.htgsupply.com/informationcenter/talking-shop/flood-and-drain-ebb-and-flow-hydroponics/

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Tampa hospitals are diverting now regularly, including children. Friend whos a dr there said most of the kids were overweight teens at first, but now 20% of them are just kids with bad luck. Some MISC cases popping up more regularly in kids with co-infections, but a month after they test positive for covid, so thats new to them too with kids coming back in later.

Cant wait to send my kids to school in a week, thanks government.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Denver area childrens hospitals are stopping inpatient child admissions to shuttle staff to main campuses in prep for child case surge. My wife is now on call for the upcoming nightmare, hooray.

gently caress you antivaxxers.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Thoguh posted:

If the Biden admin wanted to protect kids they could but they are not doing that. Antivaxxers may be driving a lot of the spread but Joe Biden is the one shoveling kids back in to schools.

Yeah so much for democrats being better. Jackass actually said someone should do something about climate change on top of all this bs, were doomed.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

OK baizuo posted:

Does the bad thread just pretend the British study showing a clear benefit from combining AZ with a later mRNA dose doesn't exist or is it just no good because it hasn't gotten Sleepy Joe and the CDC's approval yet

but the cdc

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

fosborb posted:

lol thats not loving happening. the majority of adults are vaccinated or have had covid and both groups think that they are both entirely immune and its the minority of adults not in those two categories that are personally at fault for everything that's happening in the US today and for the next few weeks.

heres my crack ping of the morning: only 30% 12 to 17 are vaccinated. even for the groups that can get the vaccine we're just throwing them into the chipper this month

heres my crack ping of the morning:
my neighborhood of karens hosted a freshmen welcome party for the freshmen class of the local high school of....900 freshmen students and their families. this was indoors. before school starts. now she(the head karen of the neighborhood group chat) invited my wife to drinks saturday night. i think shes set on as much death as possible.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
the dems have taken the lead in voter suppression

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

See, Joe Biden is doing all he can do for this and global warming, why are you guys so mad? Maybe they can fix the homeless issue next by hiring homeless people to create cardboard signs to get people vaccinated.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Real Mean Queen posted:

I had a lot of people who told me to follow the science telling me that mrna vaccines are like super easy to push patches on and that we shouldn't worry about variants because there'll be a new vaccine that kills those suckers before we even have to worry about it.

So, uh, where's all that at? I'm watching the few well vaccinated nations in the world hup-hupping on trying to do a third dose of the same poo poo, I know the feds just bought another hundred million doses and are trying SO HARD to pretend that we're not all going to need to get topped up every quarter or so, and I haven't heard one loving word about an upcoming update to the slut juice we know and have. I was told that if the vaccines didn't turn out to be magic, they would be made magic by science as time went on. Maybe I'm just badly uninformed.

People were quoting the pharma companies nonsense about "in 100 days we can match any protein!" Not realizing that you still need to then fully vet the product you just made and get a EUA or FDA approval too. So uh, no magic button, just more reliable attempts at producing good vaccines - which will then be rendered useless over time by the millions of morons that will always refuse to take them.

Death to the antivaxxers.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Pingui posted:

Right it should be worse, however the recent very precipitous drop can really only be ascribed to changes in perception of COVID. Other things have not fundamentally changed to result in that. IMO anyways, I fully accept I could be wrong as my only insights in the American pathology is through media and the forums (ok ok, currently mostly from this thread).

Everyone I know is aware that the situation is totally hosed, but 90% just are doing everything they can to ignore it. That is about to all crash down once school fully kicks up and this poo poo spreads even faster. Its like the CRACK is just starting and the ping is about to hit hard.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Walmart let me sign up for my third dose, one of the screens asks you if youre immunocompromised, crohns, etc, selected yes, now have my third Moderna appointment.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Asproigerosis posted:

I think I should update my resume. I bet I could get waaay better pay.

If youre in healthcare right now its your best time to negotiate. CRNA rates went from 90->180/hr just now for PRN due to demand locally.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

post COVID posted:

every morning i wake up look in the mirror and say 'Mao was right' and i haven't gotten covid

no, your enemies are birds

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

fat bossy gerbil posted:

Any educated guesses as to how long it’ll take for this to burn itself out enough that it just slowly simmers in the background like seasonal flu etc. instead of the active raging inferno it’s currently in?

People calling Delta waves peak after 12? weeks I think, but so far everyones been completely wrong. My semi educated guess based on overhearing the educated health care worker discussions is December, then off to the next variant.

woops snipe, article time:

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/university-of-florida-study-predicts-when-delta-surge-is-expected-to-peak/

Note this is from Florida. So its 100% wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

PostNouveau posted:

Good thing they limited the "covid leave" to 10 days, enough time to do a single quaratine.

I exhausted my covid leave last year, and no new covid leave this year because "COVID IS OVER".