Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Yeah, so I'm not joking. I'm going to see the blacksmith today. Sadly he is not an old timey Blacksmith he's a new timey blacksmith. Part of my chipper/shredder broke and it is seriously impossible to buy replacement so it's time to see if some guy, presumably with a mustache, can forge me new part. Am I excited? Yes, yes I am. Why? Because, I don't know it's cool or whatever. Have you ever gone to the blacksmith? What did they make you? Did they have a mustachio?

- imagine I posted a picture of a blacksmith here that I added bling to at Blingee.com Home of the Blingee but it turns out when you look for pictures of blacksmiths it's all fat guys in aprons. Surely that can't be right? -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Let’s see the broken part plz

Oh, okay.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
It's supposed to look kind of like this:

The problem is that it looks something like this:

It's the thing that pulls the brush into the blades but I need it to be tempered since it is sharpened on the one side.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bronze Fonz posted:

You shouldn't break things you need imo OP sounds dumb.

I know, right!

Seriously though, this chipper/shredder is now almost 50 years old so sooner or later something had to give. But gently caress if I'm gonna pay to get a whole new loving chipper/shredder. This one was free, drat it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Robo Reagan posted:

how big is his celtic hammer necklace

We're gonna find out this morning!!! Hopefully so large that he has severe back problems and at least one herniated disk.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Went to the blacksmith. He hosed me.

I made a wrong turn and ended up at the fucksmith.

Yeah, I try to make my sign as visible as possible but sometimes people just get it mixed up. But hey, I'm here to perform a service. :clint

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

well he could but I dunno what an honest to god blacksmith is gonna charge someone to do that. I'm serious you can find them online there's one listed for $35. right here like it seems excessive to get an artisanal craftsman involved in something unless this part means something to the man

Whoa whoa whoa. Do we know if this will fit alko-int products???? Because if SO gently caress YES

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
BBC you rock but that part coming from Australia during covid may take way longer than the time I actually have to get this thing up and running.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Totally my back-up plan though if this guy says he can't do it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Hello Sailor posted:

This seems like an issue that should be resolved via 3D printing.

Can you 3d print hardened metal??? That'd also be sweet.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

Centre Cutter Blade Fits ALKO SHREDDER H1100 H1300 H1600 H1800 H2200 329-506 ?
That one says out of stock, but they sold like 200 of them so contact the seller or search for it, they're out there. idk

Still near a month to get here. This is what sucks about poo poo from having equipment from Great Britain.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Trying a bunch of different sellers and they're all going to come out around $80 with shipping and take forever so we're still gonna go talk to the blacksmith today.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Moo the cow posted:

A decent mechanic could weld that together in about 10mins.
Which is quicker than it would take a blacksmith to bend a horseshoe into that shape.

The only problem with welding it together would be pulling the temper out of the blade causing it to just deform when it hits a hardwood twig.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, so the smithy is gonna repair the part "good enough" to get me through the season and I'm gonna order a replacement from Australia. $10 and done today so that's awesome. But tell me more about your guys' experiences going to the smithy!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Moo the cow posted:

Is he going to weld it?

Totes. It's good enough considering now I can order a factory replacement. Thing only needs to last a month.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Should have bartered with him for a forums account instead.

:aaaaa:

I am such a fool.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

Hey.

Hey OP.

Don't FORGEt to pick me up a tuna sMELT while you're there LMAO you get it?

No. I don't.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Thinking about franchising out my business model which is basically a deli and a forge in one. Time to rake in those millions of dollars I deserve.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just thought I should point out when talking to the guy thta he mentioned he was 72 and I immediately thought, "drat, bro. You don't look a day over 71!"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

my dog died im sad posted:

Is DangerMill ok?

Don't worry. DangerMill is safe and disassembled waiting to receive the call to service. :haibrow:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

Just curious how many MPS (margaritas per second) that bad boy can churn out

If it's function of volume of ice we're talking gallons, man. Gallons.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sex Skeleton posted:

Is it more or less than a brand new tankless water heater? Do we have a tankless margarita machine in the making?

My municipality doesn't offer running margarita. It's like I'm living in a loving third world country over here.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

you broke my grill posted:

What do you need to chop up so urgently

An ungodly amount of fava bean and pea plants. But because we have magic whatever garden the fava plants are like 6' tall and extremely hard so to get them broken down enough to fit into the composter they need to be shredded/chipped. This is kind of our turnover season so all of our legumes have come to bear basically at once and because I am a crazy person I don't care to have huge piles of plant scrap all over my yard despite living in the boons.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nooner posted:

I'm going to see the OPs dad today

to discuss wood chippers

AND THEN TO SUCK HIM OFF!!!!¡!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Sucking off corpses is illegal in many states. I urge you to look into local statutes before committing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I think they live w/ their parents dude, they was talkin bout their fava plants.

???:confused::psyduck::confused:???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lol at this thread coming back from the grave like an apparition from my past.

Shredder still works btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

OP, are you still seeing the blacksmith?

Have you come up with flimsy excuses to go back after your first visit? I would've. "Hey, Mister Blacksmith, can you, uh, reforge this for me?"

The blacksmith, my blacksmith, seems to have retired. There is a new blacksmith, not my blacksmith, that has taken over the shop.

I, as of yet, have not used their services there.