Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Team America: Language Police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Automotive Insanity isn't the USA but it sure as poo poo isn't Australia or England or whatever other country you want to derive your e-culture from.

It's not the USA, but every loving time all over the net it's the loving americans who get offended at other countries doing something they don't understand and then crusading to uplift the ignorant savages so they conform to american standards, as american standards are the only possible normal baseline of what's acceptable, and if you don't accept this you're wrong and bad and a misogynist and probably use the metric system.

Real tiresome to constantly have americans telling me I'm in the wrong for how I spell colour, or talking about christmas in summer, or that I hate all women because I said I had a oval office of a day.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

The world: It's an international community which means some things are gonna be different from my home, and that's cool

America: IT'S AN INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY SO STOP DOING THINGS THAT ARE WRONG IN MY COUNTRY

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Krakkles posted:

And before you say it (again), no, having a black female friend doesn’t suddenly make it ok to say the n-word c-word.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

US: "that's impossible because that's all we use it for"

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Krakkles posted:

Misogyny and oppression through language aren’t unique to the US.

That's the root of the problem, right there. The language. In English, the word has no issues. When speaking in the American-English subdialect it becomes a horrible misogynistic attack on all women, which is an interesting study. Can we get a filter so if someone is using American-English it will filter out the word to something amusing? The rest of the world can use it with no problems, after all.