Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i choose to program in the language of love op

my code is a pure expression of the creators love for the creation

i loving
love code and the code loves the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
hi loving love code i’m dad

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
zui > gui

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

hi loving love code i’m dad

lol nice shorts dad

George
Nov 27, 2004

i loving love dad’s short’s

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that’s why i say “hey dad i’m shorts”

George
Nov 27, 2004

President Beep posted:

that’s why i say “hey dad i’m shorts”

dont sign your posts, short dad

Kangra
May 7, 2012

suffix posted:

people only write insecure c code because they aren't as smart as you are

(similar theorems apply for cryptography and distributed protocols)

It's not insecure, it just doesn't feel the need to talk all the time.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

everyone will learn how to program if we just make it fun!

also, someone should somehow put gamification into an IDE or jira system

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

why can’t i copy/paste text from error popups? wtf is wrong with these assholes?!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

President Beep posted:

why can’t i copy/paste text from error popups? wtf is wrong with these assholes?!

apparently if you hit ctrl-c on some windows dialogs it'll copy the whole text to the clipboard but there's no way to know which ones

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

carry on then posted:

apparently if you hit ctrl-c on some windows dialogs it'll copy the whole text to the clipboard but there's no way to know which ones

I trained my parents to whip out their iphones and text me a picture

even if they could ctrl-c the text, I would still prefer a lofi screenshot than having them try to e-mail me anything

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
javascript was invented by intel and the deep state to create artificial demand for new computers because perfectly adequate processors can no longer handle web pages

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

javascript was invented by intel and the deep state to create artificial demand for new computers because perfectly adequate processors can no longer handle web pages

also to promote 5g because of the need to download 10+ MB to even start rendering a page

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

storage should be a unified pool without a difference between volatile memory and involatile memory. just make everything a big SSD with a 256mb cpu cache.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

emacs is a modal editor it’s just that you gotta keep the shortcut keys pressed to have the modes stick

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

MononcQc posted:

emacs is a modal editor it’s just that you gotta keep the shortcut keys pressed to have the modes stick

can you do sticky keys or something?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

President Beep posted:

yeah but it’s not work safe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MononcQc posted:

yeah but it’s not work safe

emacs hardcore

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

President Beep posted:

emacs doesn't support it ootb software side because it assumes that emacs users have actual sticky keys

George
Nov 27, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

emacs doesn't support it ootb software side because it assumes that emacs users have actual sticky keys

p sure sticky keys was rms’s vision for all of gnu but he never coded it in because he found a hardware solution

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

seg faults are actually named after Arthur Seg, the world's first bad programmer.

Whenever a program on the Univac would crash they'd always find out it was "Seg's fault"

George
Nov 27, 2004

i still remember the first time i saw someone call it a segmentation fault and it took me a minute to realize what had happened

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

don’t turn off motherfucking numlock whenever i reboot!!!

animist
Aug 28, 2018
vim is topologically equivalent to emacs

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

animist posted:

vim is topologically equivalent to emacs

lmao

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
the internet is a cool place that can get you laid sometimes

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
data is stored in the mouse balls

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
usb stands for ultimate satan balls

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

actually it stands for Up Side down Bro

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

the devils own is firewire

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i dare one of you motherfuckers to actually show me right here and now that the halting problem isn't solvable, go ahead i'll wait

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

i dare one of you motherfuckers to actually show me right here and now that the halting problem isn't solvable, go ahead i'll wait

assume we have a program f such that f(g,x) answers yes if the program g halts running on input x, otherwise it answers no.

then construct
g(x)=if f(x,x) then while(1) {} else return

now f(g,g) answers yes iff f(g,g) answes no, which is a contradiction.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

there has never been an any key

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
despite support functional programming being stateless Bakunin fundamental disagrees with the concept of higher order functions

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

the U in USB stands for USB

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trabisnikof posted:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

assume we have a program f such that f(g,x) answers yes if the program g halts running on input x, otherwise it answers no.

then construct
g(x)=if f(x,x) then while(1) {} else return

now f(g,g) answers yes iff f(g,g) answes no, which is a contradiction.

rekt

burning swine
May 26, 2004

P = P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

echinopsis posted:

the U in USB stands for USB

it’s infinite recurring USBs all the way down