Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

if you architect the project well enough then the mythical man month goes from myth to reality

imagine how much faster your project will get finished if you had a million coding bootcamp graduates writing javascript

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

everyone will learn how to program if we just make it fun!

also, someone should somehow put gamification into an IDE or jira system

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

carry on then posted:

apparently if you hit ctrl-c on some windows dialogs it'll copy the whole text to the clipboard but there's no way to know which ones

I trained my parents to whip out their iphones and text me a picture

even if they could ctrl-c the text, I would still prefer a lofi screenshot than having them try to e-mail me anything

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The Management posted:

goto considered awesome

Lutha Mahtin posted:

goto considered awesome

Schadenboner posted:

Is GOTO *really* considered harmful?

:bandwagon:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

well, when windows 95 supplanted Apple IIs in education, so too have chromebooks replaced windows desktops

soon, everyone will just talk to Siri and it'll go back to Apple, full circle