Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Ain't nobody got thyme for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

numberoneposter posted:

i like to take a carrot and saute it with butter and thyme

Stay the gently caress away from that carrot it's my man!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Stay the gently caress away from that carrot it's my man!!

Dreaming about that 8" hunk.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Carrot jealousy is a slippery slope that destroys lives.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Carrots are stored in the crisper. :munch:

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

you say “carrot” i say “carrot” we’re both saying the same thing, buddy

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pahilla the Hun posted:

you say “carrot” i say “carrot” we’re both saying the same thing, buddy

Oh, I love this song.

*turns up the old Victrola*

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

Parsnips are carrots yea.
I mean they're carrot-like but basically same thing. They're tougher than carrots and have sort of a blander, yet more earthy flavor to them. Like if carrots, potatoes, and a black peppercorn had a 3 some and had a boring baby.

We grew these for a few years (pic not mine)

Wow.
They're just like regular carrots but red. Anyhow carrots are only orange now because the dutch bred them to be orange to be fancy and they got popular and then that's all people grew for so long that most people forgot or didn't care about other colors that's why you never see 'em at the store in other shades but they come in red and purple and white and poo poo whatever you want homie the world is your carrot really

so, is it a tuber?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pahilla the Hun posted:

so, is it a tuber?

It's closely related to...check this poo poo out.. parsley.
Technically no I don't think it's a tuber in either the traditional vernacular sense or otherwise.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

carrot juice is the best orange juice

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Actually they're full of beta-carotenes, as in like the loser version of a carotene

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

numberoneposter posted:

carrot juice is the best orange juice

carrot ginger juice is my idea of what they drink in heaven.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Literally A Person posted:

carrot ginger juice is my idea of what they drink in heaven.

they need it for their ghost eyes so they can see down at us sinning all the way down here

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I only found out about the ww2 carrot radar thing recently, felt like a real rube.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've heard multiple times that one of the ways they were able to get Mr. Ed to talk was by shoving carrots up his rear end. Every carrot you eat is one less carrot used to sodomize a donkey.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

My old boss used to walk around all the time with a carrot in his hand holding it like it was a big cigar. He was fat as gently caress but thought eating a lot of carrots would give him toned abs because apparently Arnold Schwarzenegger said they would in a documentary he watched

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Considering the sheer volume of carrots used to sodomize donkeys on the regular, chances are if you are a regular eater of carrots you've already eaten a donkey rear end carrot.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

one does not simply eat a carrot -boromor

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

numberoneposter posted:

one does not simply eat a carrot -boromor

Boromor acting all sad and crying a little because sonme little 3' tall dude jsut said I'll do it

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I almost forgot about one of the best movies of all time

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
drat it's been way too long since I just ate a carrot, used to do it all the time at the best of my mom who was letting them to use in some planned dish.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

My IM handle in high school was CarrotChomper14.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I have no carrots. Only radishes

naem
May 29, 2011

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

AuntBuck posted:

I have no carrots. Only radishes

Close your eyes and pretend.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

If you want a good prank tell someone you made mashed potatoes but actually make mashed parsnips. :twisted:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Radishes are better than carrots anyway HELL YEA I SAID IT

I'm breaking free of the chains that BIND ME TO THESE CARROT MASTERS! Open your arms and hearts to your Radish liberators and sup deeply upon their bountiful flesh!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Our radishes just came up and, get this, I took those delicious fuckers (french breakfast variety btw) and ran them down the veggie mandolin to make a shitload of delicious thin slices then served them shits on some pumpernickel with cream cheese

:master::siren::boom::siren::master:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

ngl that sounds good. I got some radishes I'm gonna coat in olive oil and rosemary and bake them up. It's like those little red potatoes but with less starch and flavor.

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Our radishes just came up and, get this, I took those delicious fuckers (french breakfast variety btw) and ran them down the veggie mandolin to make a shitload of delicious thin slices then served them shits on some pumpernickel with cream cheese

holy poo poo i didnt realize you were a pro

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

wait yes i did!!!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
why do people buy baby carrots? a lot of the time regular ones are cheaper and tastier and you get more

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pahilla the Hun posted:

holy poo poo i didnt realize you were a pro

:smug:

Pahilla the Hun posted:

wait yes i did!!!

:smug::smug::smug:

Les Os posted:

why do people buy baby carrots? a lot of the time regular ones are cheaper and tastier and you get more

Some people can't handle that kind of length and girth. :shrug:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My wife isn't a big fan of radishes and I love them bitches more than I love her so every year she and I fight a vicious war with one another where she attempts to sabotage my plans at more radishes and kohlrabi while I scheme to poison her drat beans. One day one of us will die and the garden will belong to the victor.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

My wife isn't a big fan of radishes and I love them bitches more than I love her so every year she and I fight a vicious war with one another where she attempts to sabotage my plans at more radishes and kohlrabi while I scheme to poison her drat beans. One day one of us will die and the garden will belong to the victor.

Gotta get sexy with the radish, man. Seduce her into a love affair with the radish.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/o5hBDdR.mp4

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Carrots are pretty good with salsa.
You can cut carrot sticks, or if you're fat and lazy like me just split them in half lengthways.

My wife also adds carrot slices to curry dishes. You will want to parboil them first but that's pretty easy to achieve with the microwave oven.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
We’ve got some multi-color carrots growing in the garden. Probably a dumb question, but this is the first time I’ve grown carrots. How do I know when they’re ready for eatin’?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

On the seed packet it will say "xx days" this is a joke intended to make everyone laugh at you for thinking the carrots are ready.
When that number of days has passed, select a carrot at random and pull it from the earth and examine your failure.
You will assume there is no way that this bastard child of the desolate plot of ground you call your garden can be yours, and so be prepared to pull another to confirm your inadequacies.
Once you've done so, be prepared to wait another week and then repeat the process until the carrots are as big as you're willing to wait for them to get.

That's how you'll know they're done. In following years you'll know to plant more carrots than you need to account for this method of testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I've got a pretty good sloppy joe recipe that's basically mostly carrot.

You dice em up nice and small and cook em down with onion and spices for a while then stew it with tomatoes and add tomorrow paste to thicken