Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
We’ve got some multi-color carrots growing in the garden. Probably a dumb question, but this is the first time I’ve grown carrots. How do I know when they’re ready for eatin’?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Radishes own and I will eat them like candy. Love that spicy little root.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Literally A Person posted:

Like a lot of different root vegetables carrots will "shoulder" (the top of the carrot will start poking out from the ground) when they start reaching towards maturity. This should be the first signla tht you're getting really close. Usually it's how I know which one to pick when.

My lady said she peeked in on the carrots while I was away buying manly things at the Home Depot and they weren’t ready yet. In other news our cherry tomatoes are finally fruiting and our big strawberry plant has like 30 berries almost ready for picking. I can’t wait for those tomaters. Nothing better than popping them right off the vine into your gob.