Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I watched the first episode of this when it first came to Netflix and didn't think much (but love the film and the one gnovel I've read). Picked it back up again a week or so ago and just finished the latest episode.

Love it, really enjoyed people's posts on it. Great show, so many good things to talk about. Acting, pace, character development and world building are all top notch.

I like the moral maturity/depth of the characters. Ppl complaining about Ruth, Osweiller or LJ's redemption arcs are forgetting what happened with the cannibal cult in the tail. People, even the goodest ones like Layton, are willing to do what they have to for peace. Everyone is guilty of horrors but you've got to keep moving forward, in the frozen cold, on a train 1034 cars long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I enjoyed the ending a lot but agree it went very fast. Particularly felt like they didn't have enough time for Javi this season - no resolution to the dog PTSD stuff but more importantly he was on the 'gently caress Layton' side last week but ended up on Big Alice?? I expected it, because otherwise Alex is the only engineer on that side of the train, but they needed at few lines (even one!) to address his decision-making.

Same with the Boki reveal, felt like they had to cut a lot for time. Should've been an extended episode imo.