Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

taking time off ff14 tonight to do forza horizon weeklies and change up my look a bit

DB11 in the back because it's one of like three cars that fit the criteria for a bunch of the challenges this week, I usually prefer to drive C-to-A-class 70s shitboxes - ask me about my collection of el caminos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Finally finished redoing my (human) chars for the new year, even if it is a bit late, but close enough.

Now I gotta decide how I wanna redo the robot forms, but I've got no real good inspiration right now.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Started playing City of Heroes.

"Stardiva" A Fire/Energy Aura Sentinel. Leftmost is my current costume, the others are variations I've been considering. Designing a good looking classical Silverage Spandex/Tights outfit is surprisingly hard.

I actually think I like it better without a cape.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

My new ship won't win any awards for looks, but it has a certain dumpy freighter-like charm to it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Silverage Spandex vs "Modern Cinematic Universe"

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
name/glam/title combo, at long last.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Cythereal posted:

My new ship won't win any awards for looks, but it has a certain dumpy freighter-like charm to it.

what game is this ?!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mr. Pickles posted:

what game is this ?!

Star Trek Online

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Anniversary event ship in STO this year is an interesting specimen, a Federation/Dominion hybrid design now that a much less fascist Dominion is part of the Coalition. The Rex class here is specifically in both fluff and art design meant to be a synthesis of the Defiant class and the classic Jem'hadar attack ship.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Had a lot of fun going on a Fantasia binge but the Bluecat is back, and she's not going anywhere! Unless Hrothmoms get better hat/hair support than current Viera/Hroth.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Went back to elezen yesterday, but I made a duskwight instead of my usual wildwood elezen.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Made an Astrologian glamour:

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

haven't futzed with my characters in a while and been feeling like trash today so thought i might as well

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Star Trek Online

That game looks cool as gently caress but I haven't watched ST at all so I've always thought I shouldn't play it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mr. Pickles posted:

That game looks cool as gently caress but I haven't watched ST at all so I've always thought I shouldn't play it

you could play it, certainly. like, you probably won't always know why planet x hates planet y, but you've probably osmosed enough of the broad strokes of the setting from free-floating pop culture that you could have a good time

the main reasons why i stopped were f2p jank/eight billion types of currency, most of which you couldn't get without real cash and being dogshit at ship to ship combat

most of my fun was in playing dress-up with my bridge crew and tooling around known space laughing at people's naruto-fanfiction-rear end backstories

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh god the backstories. Little explanation, one of the things on your profile that was public and viewable by anyone who examined you was a backstory page, and people filled it with bad fanfiction. Not just people's Starfleet wank, though there was plenty of that too, people had all kinds of poo poo in there from fantasy to space opera. Now some of the stuff they eventually had mechanical support for at least as like holographic ship hulls for some of the weirder Star Trek nonsense, like if you wanted to roleplay a Ferengi who wasn't Starfleet, or a Borg assimilated ship or whatever. But people would put in backstories that made no sense in the context of the game and expected you to respect them, which I totally could not.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Babys first glam. :sparkles:

I tried to not copy Wrestlepig, but some likeness was inevitable given that their glam inspired me to try FF14.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Attack on Princess posted:

I tried to not copy Wrestlepig, but some likeness was inevitable given that their glam inspired me to try FF14.

very good. congrats and welcome to the endgame, several expansions early :v:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Congratulations on picking the One True Gender/Race Combo.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Amazing that my love of silly hats from 1400 is actually inspiring people, nice work

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kwyndig posted:

Oh god the backstories. Little explanation, one of the things on your profile that was public and viewable by anyone who examined you was a backstory page, and people filled it with bad fanfiction. Not just people's Starfleet wank, though there was plenty of that too, people had all kinds of poo poo in there from fantasy to space opera. Now some of the stuff they eventually had mechanical support for at least as like holographic ship hulls for some of the weirder Star Trek nonsense, like if you wanted to roleplay a Ferengi who wasn't Starfleet, or a Borg assimilated ship or whatever. But people would put in backstories that made no sense in the context of the game and expected you to respect them, which I totally could not.

City of Heroes also had this feature and I think 50% of my screenshot folder for that game was "get a load of this dude's stupid backstory"

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

New skin and look for my warframe Atlas!
I like to imagine the crystal launching railgun is loaded with pieces of himself.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I can't get over how well the Kupo jacket combines with Roe gloves. And it was very budget friendly!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I've been taking a pretty space boat out for a spin. Briostrys class carrier.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Been on a Space Station 14 kick of late, and it's leaked into other games now.

Hail Cargonia

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Because I'm a dork I'll do a throwback.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

shirunei posted:

Because I'm a dork I'll do a throwback.

looks cooler than every FFXIV post combined

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Frog Act posted:

You can complement someone's pic without being weird about it. If you don't like FFXIV posts why not provide some content yourself?

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Frog Act posted:

Sorry man, I'll post the good stuff instead.

e:

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 27, 2024

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Genovera posted:

You can complement someone's pic without being weird about it. If you don't like FFXIV posts why not provide some content yourself?

because there are no good MMOs to play right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Ah, someone is just here to start fights