Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

My girlfriend and I made matching alts to go to a friends wedding, we think they turned out cute :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
I wanted a Warrior of Darkness glam for the finale to Shadowbringers and I ended up with a evil ninja look for Samurai. Still looking for better boots, none of the best options I can find dye very well.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
Goth Paladin:

Weird Wizard Blue Mage:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Lazy Fair posted:

Goth Paladin:

Weird Wizard Blue Mage:

where'd screenshots like that come from?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Thumbtacks posted:

Probably a house with a photo booth setup. Random example from GIS:

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

Thumbtacks posted:

They're in game shots with carefully positioned lighting, sometimes with some reshade filters running. I take them in the photo studio I built in my FC room at the TPT guild house. It's kind of hard to take screenshots of because its so cramped but this is what it looks like:

Excalibur server, Shirogane 8th Ward, Plot 8, Room 23 if anyone wants to use it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

that photo booth idea is brilliant, way better than my strategy of "port to crystarium, sprint into the inn, don't crop the jpg"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i wish theyd eul less!!!!

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I did something like this for my house but less complicated

Four Stage Panels dyed charcoal gray; I forgot what the floor panel things are called but you can buy them from housing vendor, but those are ash gray; and indirect wall lights.

There's a newer housing item that lets you do a single color backdrop that you can buy from the vendor but it makes it look like you're floating and I think it's kinda weird.

One other use for setups like this is if you want to do something with transparency, dye the backdrop green:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
Never gonna stop showing off the fact I cleared Baldesion Arsenal by riding the Ozma mount everywhere.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It's a good mount!

More people should do Eureka. It's not as daunting as it initially seems. I first stepped into Eureka a little over a month ago and now I have 8 BA clears so far, some badass glowing fending gear, a cool mount, and like 15 million more gil than when I started.

edit: whoops, thought this was the ffxiv thread.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 24, 2020

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Spaceships can be pretty princesses, too!

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Sep 24, 2020

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

My FFXIV alt has the sleaziest glamour for his striking gear.

A little look at how well Crystarium fending with Neo-Ishgardian hat works, and then a shot of my friend X'chai Bindo.

Aaaaand this one is because of Double Negative's ongoing LP, and a challenge from the LP discord.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Do not buy what this man is selling

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
You have any of that Grade 3 Skybuilders hemp?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I finally found a Hrothgar hairstyle that doesn't interfere *too* badly with various coats. so I fantasia'd and spent some time messing around with glams.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

I'm WHM 95% of the time, but that doesn't mean one can't have other glams!

Gunbreaker! Simple, but I like how the hands and legs match the dyed chest well despite being from different sets. Goes well with the hair, too!

A very cozy Red Mage!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hi im Jinh Charizard on Hyperion in FFXIV

When the fro was added to the game i needed to use it, and looked up a ton of images on google search. I stumbled onto this, she's very pretty and i thought i could do something in that vein Simple gear, nothing expensive. i won a general glamour contest with it.

One of my first outfits, the Coeurl Girl. at one point the pieces were probably expensive, but that was years ago. I won a bikini contest with it.

Another of my old favorites. I spruced up the simple outfit by including a demon that i captured and forced to play piano for me forever, and my cute panda friend. the hosts of the glamour contest i won with this actually wound up joining our FC a few years later, and i didnt realize it was them until i went back to look at old screenshots

At the end of the day, it's not about what you wear. The dark truth that everyone's been keeping from you this whole time is that the more gaudy metallic dyes you use, the more fashionable you are. That there's a Stone Fact.
i didn't win a glamour contest with this set, but *I* think it's perfect and that's all that matters.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Finally got all 5 pieces of the Bozjan tanking gear, and promptly only used 3 of them for glam.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

the_steve posted:

Finally got all 5 pieces of the Bozjan tanking gear, and promptly only used 3 of them for glam.

The chinstrap beard and the sunglasses work pretty well

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

thetoughestbean posted:

The chinstrap beard and the sunglasses work pretty well

:negative: Sadly, I'm pretty sure that's the closest thing to a full beard that this game has, unless the Hrothgar have one. I dunno since I have no desire to play as one.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

technically hrothgar are entirely beard

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Grr.

One of my favorite warrior glams so far. Shout out to this post from one of the FFXIV subreddits for the inspiration.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Getting ready for the Starlight Celebration

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't know why but that seriously cracked me up and I have to share it.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Let's inject a little life into this thread, shall we?

The Bozja Fending set looks like you escaped from The Witcher.

Two vaguely threatening looks.

An attempt to impersonate Wedge as a female Lalafell; almost none of the hairstyles have highlights up top.

And lastly, the Eden healing set makes Orokin look like a gothic grandma or something.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That fact that her name is Orokin Reactor is just :discourse: levels of double game inside joke power

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I like the Wedge set and the shot with the sword pointing out and toward the lower-left corner of the picture

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

various outfits of my glamorous, cutscene-enhancing (or -ruining depending on taste) ffxiv character

white mage

dark knight

butt knight

red mage

dancer

i was originally intending on maining dancer but then all my friends started playing dancer so I got more in to red mage and white mage

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Does house-posting fall under fashion posting? I don't actually care, I'm gonna do it anyways.

Me celebrating after finally snagging a plot and putting up the Carbuncle Cottage Walls my FC helped me make

First floor pics

Comfy reading time~

Basement office, also known as where I make buckets of gil selling smoked chicken and drugs

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

That looks incredibly fancy and cozy

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Okay can someone identify the outfit here because this screen and the ones above it got me to finally reactivate FF14.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That top looks to be the dyeable healer or caster chest piece from Matoya's Relict, the most recent dungeon. Hope you're buckled in for the MSQ

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Matoya's Relict wasn't in the game at the time that post was made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
I think it is this.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/2a34f92da94

Hannish Wool Autumn Shirt.