Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sometimes you hit a random filter that usually looks bad and it makes the shot great.

After changing my hair because I realized I'd accidentally made Auron and couldn't unsee it.

On the one hand my Dragoon now looks more rockstar than my Bard. On the other hand my Dragoon now looks more rockstar than my Bard,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Pre-fantasia: Jill Valentine.

Post-fantasia: 80% of anime battleship captains.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Just some sparring practice for my RDM glam.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

All pretty lowbie gear, but I was having fun leveling leatherworking. I got some real Zardoz energy going.

That was my first glam, before I even knew the term and just wore stuff manually (not sure if ARR even had glam back then).

Subligar Pride

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It’s apparently a minority opinion but I hate how excessively spikey the normal signature Dragoon armors are, especially given their twirling pear movements and such. This still has some edges to it but is much better imo while still having that plated-but-mobile Dragoon look.

I’d still rip those shoulder fins/spikes off if I could though.

Agreed. I prefer clean lines and mobility for the Dragoon. Not as wedded to the color scheme though, I think because dark blues and purples look muddy on my monitor.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

The Gordian DRG chest is pretty similarly styled and I like the look it lends to.

That spear is amazing. Shades as an occupational necessity.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I have a glam addiction. Usually I prefer drape-y stuff for Bard but I got the chest from Savage Alexander and wanted to do something with it and wound up liking the result. Goes well with incidental gold highlights on some other gear I had. Like, I didn't like that hat very much on its own but it works here.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 16, 2021

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

This is for MMO glam, not painted Fantasy Warhammer figures.

Nice!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I love the costume-based design the Blue Mage job lore encourages. Also the varied abilities can make for some great action shots.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I wasn't sure about this when putting it together, but after setting up this shot I really like how it turned out. Reminds me of Warhammer Elf aesthetic.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I haven't managed to get as wonderful a blurry background as Wrestlepig does, but I've found that just playing with the sliders to get a narrow depth of field REALLY makes the detail pop on things that are in focus. There's a lot of love put into those outfit designs, the chest I use in those shots is hiding as a generic black outfit from the Nier raids without any noticeable detail, and then you add some dye and "wow, it's leather!". The gloves in that bottom shot, you can see the pieces where it was sewn together!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Pobrecito posted:

Did I spend $20 last night while drunk to buy a fantasia and change my name to Misato Catsuragi just to bring this idea to fruition?

Yes, yes I did.

I just need a gold chocobo feather to get that jet black dye and make this perfect.

Is there a penguin minion anywhere in the game?

4 Verminion tournaments with double-digit victories.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Twibbit posted:

Incomplete. I still have not found a good Scythe for "Pretty Reaper"

which is funny because I almost never go with pretty glams but decided to do it with the edgy class.

Maybe the padjali war scythe (paths of the dead, just glowing white) or the fae sickle (Dohn Mehg, the 73 dungeon)? Finding just the right piece for a glam can be tough.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

the_steve posted:

Goddammit, I need that scythe.
I've taken a couple cracks at it with my static, and we've made it to enrage, but the best we've managed is 15% before wipe.

Right now, my scythe glam is the Lakeland one, and unless I get your scythe, it'll probably be the scythe glam I use until relic weapons drop.

Not bad, it asks a lot. I think between the two current extremes EX1 is about rapidly parsing information and EX2 is more predictable but trickier execution. Of course, everything's predictable once you know it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

"Hi, I'm here about the landscaping job? I saw your Craigslist ad..."

Who ya gonna call?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When looking for stuff that fit with the axe I picked out the glasses and earrings. Then I realized I'd stumbled into a Bayonetta look and decided to just go for it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I was inspired to start doing some more advanced FF14 housing design. This is just the basics, but here's my afternoon's effort, including some times I accidentally picked up something I'd already placed and had to start over. I used to have lights higher but they're a pain to do.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If you're not interested in the general outfits, the Garo event still has a few glam items it can be difficult to find substitutes for if you like it. That pocket pistol, there's a paintbrush for... black mage I think, and the aiming headpiece is a butterfly pin.

Also an excuse to show off my latest look.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm more in awe of the pictures. I occasionally get something that crisp but it feels like an accident.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zil posted:

Its true, my only recollection of FFXI is catgirls and crabs.

Coincidentally the name of this wonderful little housing district on the RP server...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Walrus posted:

are there some elton john sunglasses somewhere

Pince-Nez or Shaded Spectacles might be what you're looking for.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Felt a bit hammer-y.

"Hmm, red on the helmet makes it look like actual hair, the blue has a good contrast with the gold on the armor, and then I'll match the hands to the secondary color for some variety."
"Nice Captain Falcon glam."
"...gently caress."

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 21, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruceski posted:

"Hmm, red on the helmet makes it look like actual hair, the blue has a good contrast with the gold on the armor, and then I'll match the hands to the secondary color for some variety."
"Nice Captain Falcon glam."
"...gently caress."

Went for Blood Falcon instead. One of those glams that makes me wish I liked playing the actual job.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nice one. Anyone playing with gpose be sure to check out your ability animations, there are some really good ones in there for dynamic shots.
MCH -- Reassemble
WAR -- Vengeance
DRG -- ...I honestly can't remember.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

I would pay actual cash money if gpose let you use animations on demand like Anamnesis does, because you can get some absolute winners that way.

Animations on demand? More than the "select action" toggle that makes your character repeat the last thing they did before you enter gpose?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That inspired me, though I'm holding off on the hairstyle because I'm still Lara Croft and want to change as a raid night surprise.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

This one was fun just because I pretty much had to max out the red and green on two lights to compensate for the amount of blue the spell effect was tinting things. I'm always impressed by how much detail comes out on these shots (her collar and the bow for example), it's not something I notice when setting it up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

blatman posted:

what bow is that? i really like the whole outfit

Ronkan Composite Bow, from the Crystarium nuts vendor.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Oh yeah boss, I'm totally paying attention to the countdown timer. Just let me get this angle right..."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Calling this one a happy accident. I actually quite like this random mish-mash of gear I've wound up wearing for the moment.

Given the shape of the weapons I have to ask, is that a ninja or dancer? My brother's been putting together an aiming glam where that top might be exactly what he needs.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Thats Monk's combat stance, so they're punchers.

...stop making weapons look like other weapons, game!

Except hammers. More hammers, nobody's using them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Cythereal posted:

It's a monk.

Weapon and chest are from Vanaspati.

Boots are from Ktisis Hyperborea.

Gloves are glammed to the Strife set (cosmetic loyalty reward).

Legs are glammed to the Best Man's set (cosmetic from a vendor).

Ah yeah I see it now, thanks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

blatman posted:

i snagged the body armor and did this with it for sage, please enjoy:

I like it, good choice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wrestlepig posted:

everyones sleeping on the moonward veil of striking/scouting

Maybe if I enjoy playing any jobs that could wear it...

Not a knock at those jobs, just I keep seeing neat striking/scouting gear and they're the jobs I don't use.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Got my Halloween glam put together.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wrestlepig posted:

https://twitter.com/patredisplu/status/1579367155413680128?s=21

Plu Patredis is one of the best glam makers I’ve run into

What pants are those? Something Monk?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, it's the Striking pants from Pagl'than (you can see the full item list if you click on the Eorzea Collection link).

Aww that's a shame, the Aiming ones are just shorts. Those would go well with my Halloween outfit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its Halloween time, post some costumes!

I showed this off earlier with the headwraps, but aside from that it's job-agnostic and it coincidentally goes well with my current messy hairstyle. I might have to keep this one around after Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Step 1, angle face slightly away from camera, step 2, turn eye tracking on. Optional step 3, /simper or /smile, or occasionally, /wink or /leftwink. That's really all there is to it.

It's a pain when I'm trying to freeze a /vpose or combat animation, because I have to unpause it to get the eyes to track the camera again. You can move the eyeballs while paused in the Edit Portrait menu, but not in general gposing.

I'm with you on that one. In theory it's pretty simple, in practice I'm always trying to remember which things need to be set in what order and often decide "ah screw it."