Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
FF14

TOR

Star Trek Online, proving that even starships can be pretty princesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Spaceships can be pretty princesses, too!

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Sep 24, 2020

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Xarbala posted:

It always struck me as a shame that TSW was made as an MMO since it probably could've found a wider audience if it were just a regular rpg. That way it wouldn't have had to compete with mists of pandaria, at a bare minimum.

200k subscribers for a subscription rpg on launch was pretty dire.

I think it was one of those mmos pitched and developed during the tail end of the mmo bubble that popped before it was even released. Like watching a pile up on the icy highway ahead of you but the highway wasn't salted and your tires haven't got chains on, so all you can do is watch helplessly as your car slides towards the wreck.

I played it up until the Tokyo expansion, and I agree that the MMO part of the game added absolutely nothing to it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I acquired a new mount this evening.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I have new space boats.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
More space boat pretty princess.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I like the tonfa style monk weapons in FF14.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Giving Secret World a shout. Even if it's a standard in-game uniform for my chosen faction, I like how the look came together with the uniform's red scarf, my character's red hair, and her bloody red hands from her using blood magic.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It's not the most creative new glam, but I like it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

the_steve posted:

What gear is that?
One of the things holding me back from playing SAM more often is not finding any glams for it that I'm happy with, but that looks like it might work on my Roegadude

SAM level 80 armor set (except the head):

Weathered Kasuga Haori
Weathered Kasuga Kote
Weathered Kasuga Tsutsu-hakama
Weathered Kasuga Zori

Glasses are Oval Spectacles, a level 1 cosmetic item. I bought it off the market board.

Katana is Tsukuyomi's Moonlit Chokuto, the crafted version. I bought it off the market board.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

fool of sound posted:

Be aware that you have to do Memoria Extreme for the dyable versions of those pieces.

Er, I think. It might be eureka if I'm wrong about which pieces those are.

Nah, Memoria EX for the dyable versions. I, however, am not using the dyable versions. Just the basic free versions.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Here's my main in TOR. Who needs a lightsaber when you have a gun and knives?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Imperial 1: I hear the Alliance Commander might secretly be working for the Republic and wants to join the Jedi.

Imperial 2: Nah, can't be. She's a Sith Juggernaut and was the Emperor's Wrath. What makes you think she might be a traitor?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Starships count, too.

I love the adorable little Nova class, and now I have the new legit endgame version.

Edit: As for something more traditional, New TOR glam I like, for my new main, a Jedi Sage.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 26, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Finally got TOR to take screenshots from the main menu for the close-up look. My cast in TOR that's currently at cap and I'm intending to progress through the story with (a bunch fell by the wayside):

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I maintain that spaceships are valid for this thread.

I really like the Species 8472 reputation set.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Size matters.

I'm flying the green and black ship. A Galaxy class and a Prometheus class (and a ship from Klingon hell) included for comparison.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I've resubbed to FF14 for a time, reassessing with fresh eyes after finding the latest expansion so disappointing, and I've gotten so many comments (all about how unusual she looks) on a viera I made to mess around with the starting zones with a bit that I figured I may as well post her.

Not even glammed, just lowbie leveling gear, but apparently the combination of dark skin and green hair with the black highlights has struck a number of people as noteworthy.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Calling this one a happy accident. I actually quite like this random mish-mash of gear I've wound up wearing for the moment.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bruceski posted:

Given the shape of the weapons I have to ask, is that a ninja or dancer? My brother's been putting together an aiming glam where that top might be exactly what he needs.

It's a monk.

Weapon and chest are from Vanaspati.

Boots are from Ktisis Hyperborea.

Gloves are glammed to the Strife set (cosmetic loyalty reward).

Legs are glammed to the Best Man's set (cosmetic from a vendor).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I've come around on the disconnected floaty bits design of Discovery S3 to an extent. I think that for ships designed from the keel up around this aesthetic, the look can work for an imposing far-future feeling. I think the aesthetic falls flat for the ships that are just jumbles of geometric shapes or clearly conventional designs with random connective bits removed.

This ship, a class never actually named in the show, also takes the cosmetic appearance of my equipped set - the Mirror Universe set - very well for a suitably dark'n'edgy look.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I really like how these diffusive tetryon dual beams look in STO.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

A ship made by lava-dwelling crystal spider people and a gear set made using the organic technology of an extradimensional race of psychic tripods go surprisingly well together.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Some pretty princess starships really deserved a better show to star in.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I was not expecting this cosmetic set to look so nice on this hull.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I fight for the Users.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This is an interesting set, and goes well on a surprising range of ships.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Lukari set intensifies. This might be my favorite cosmetic set I've played with yet in STO.

Edit: The Tron lights on this gear set are getting out of hand.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 20, 2022

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I appear to have done up my main ship in STO to look like an escaped Necron vessel.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Size matters.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

One advantage to the current event offering Azure Nebula as a task force is that it's a great place to take screenshots.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I picked up a couple of new space boats in Star Trek Online, and one of them has a unique feature: the Faeht class warbird's wings can be mounted in three different configurations. You can keep them level with the ship's fuselage, upswept like the classic TOS warbird, or downswept like an oversized Klingon bird of prey.

I also picked up the Theseus class destroyer tonight, a small stablemate to the Enterprise-J from the 26th century.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I have new boats in Star Trek Online.

Kwejian-type assault frigate, the Stupid Millenium Falcon from Discovery.

The Deimos class heavy destroyer, last seen going Skynet in Picard.

Cheirax class warship, Species 8472's latest update to their primary biowarship.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 14, 2023

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Yup, it's the space larper ship from Lower Decks, complete with renaming all the ship's functions to fantasy names. It doesn't have a cloaking device, it has a spell of invisibility! Those aren't disruptor beam arrays, they're rays of disintegration! You don't commence deep scans of enemy ships, you ponder the scrying orb!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The Qulash class is one of my favorite looking ships in Star Trek Online in general, but I really like how it looks in the Dyson Joint Command reputation set.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The Borg reputation set is one of the most visually intrusive in the game, but I think the Buran class pulls it off nicely.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
words words words I have a good looking starship.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sokath, his eyes uncovered.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Been playing a lot of Star Wars: The Old Republic lately and finished a new look on my main. Keeps striking me as a futuristic wedding dress almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

My new ship won't win any awards for looks, but it has a certain dumpy freighter-like charm to it.