Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

the_steve posted:

I'm kinda surprised there haven't been more The Secret World posts. That game has a fuckton of dress up options as well.

I dunno if there's any goons still playing it. It's one of my favorite MMOs of all time and I keep meaning to go back and go through Tokyo but then I just log into FFXIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

TBH I thought it had some of the best dungeons in the genre ever, but disregarding that, no, it did not need to be an MMO

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

landsknecht Rogadame :swoon:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

All pretty lowbie gear, but I was having fun leveling leatherworking. I got some real Zardoz energy going.

I looked at the picture before I even read what you wrote and thought "THE GUN IS GOOD"

I've never even seen Zardoz beyond that scene and a picture of... is it Sean Connery? in that getup

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

My Templar in Secret World Legends with a very fashionable mask and meta t-shirt, grumpy over the fact that Funcom has basically all but abandoned their MMOs and he'll never get to punch that cult leader, Philip Marquard, in the face. On the upside, the Dreamers will never awaken, and evidently them remaining asleep is a good thing for existence.

I'm bad at taking screenshots and the UI controls for SWL are a bit wonky, anyway

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 19, 2022

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Maaan your Landschneckt or whatever they're called glams are always on point

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Pretty simple, just the new dungeon head and gloves for casters with the Crystarium Robe of Casting

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Well my MMO brainworms have dictated I play a random MMO and turns out it's Anarchy Online.

Here's my little baby Level 14 Fixer looking like a Warhammer 40K cosplayer:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Wrestlepig posted:

made a 70s detective

Looks like she's ready to turn a bunch of woodland animals into robots, too

Seriously, though, your glams are always so goddamn good.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I've come to make an announcement: Shadow the Hedgehog is a bitch-rear end motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I like "tradtional western fantasy" mmo aesthetics when they're well done. I think DAoC's aesthetic is loving great and would love to see a competent modern take on it.

I also love the poo poo out of FFXIV's aesthetic, it owns hard and there are so many stellar outfits and I can't think of any other game off the top of my head that does the same to the same quality

This thread is full of good characters