Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

FFXIV

Scholar, Dark Knight, and Machinist. These are old, but I haven't taken nice pictures of my latest glamours yet:

Last summer my friends and I were all lalafells, and these are my three favorite group pictures:

Frogs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I made another AST glamour after I got the healer chest from the new 24 man last night:

I keep three plates for AST since its my main job. Here's my other two right now:

And finally, my new casual glamour:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I set up a fourth AST glamour yesterday. I thought it would be fun to do a plate armor set to be a bit different from the robes I normally wear.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Since there are a couple months before Endwalker I decided to fantasia again. I've been all the female options except for viera and hyur, which I'm not really interested in. I went with a raen; last time I was an au ra I was a xaela with a pretty different look, so it's a good way to inspire some new outfits.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

The AST and WHM glamours I posted last time are my favorite ones with my new au ra look but I've also got outfits for the rest of the jobs I regularly play:

I went to Paglth'an for the vibrant yellow background and then barely used it because Vermillion Scourge is fun:

Dungeon explorer mode is great and I'm glad they added it.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I love that top, and use it in my MCH glamour too. It dyes very nicely.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

New SCH glamour since I've been playing it more. It doesn't specifically make use of my current raen look, but that just means I can keep using it when I go back to elezen for EW.

I have this cycle where I play SCH as my main job for a while, get irritated at it, do AST for a few months, do something as SCH again on a whim, and remember that I like it best.

I'll probably use the glamours I designed for AST and WHM as SCH too just so I get to see them more.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I edited my AST glamour to use with SCH. The gloves were AST only so I found new ones with a similar shape, and I bought a fancy book to go with it.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Got a quick group photo after doing maps. I kind of blend into the tile color a bit, oh well.

Last week there were only four of us but my friend got a nice shot while I drove.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I bought a new spear to go with my DRG glamour. I liked Seiryu's book a lot so it was the first glowy one I checked, and the colors matched really well.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I'm a lalafell again, but this time I made a new one.

I've been wanting to make a DQ sage glamour for a while, but couldn't find a chest piece I was happy with. But then the new maps glamour pieces released yesterday and the top is more or less what I was hoping for:

For reference:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Summoner glamour:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Your sage coat reminded me to post my latest glamours!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I fantasia'd from lalafell to midlander, since I've never tried midlander. I took some pictures first. They're all for healers (well, SCH specifically because I'm back to preferring SCH again over SGE), except the last which is for crafters.

I loved my purple lalafell and will use her again in the future, but it'll be nice having more glamour flexibility. I'll get pics of my midlander once I update my glamours.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I've ended up really enjoying midlander. Here's my scholar glamours:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bruceski posted:

If you're Xaela there's one set that works pretty well, but it's the Ultima Horns from a rare spawn in Azys Lla.

I had been thinking of using a fantasia and I somewhat recently got the ultima horns, so this inspired me to design a look with them in mind.

First, some pre-fantasia pictures with my wife (I am the midlander):

And my new xaela:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

All my portraits so far. I don't really use anything besides SCH and sometimes SMN or WAR but its fun making new portraits with the job-specific poses.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

New paladin portrait since I got the relic:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Finally finished making an outfit and a portrait for every combat job. Job roles are by row, except NIN is with the physical ranged so everything fits nicely.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Okay I'm pretty pleased with my new portrait.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

The lizard got toasted. Too much time in the sun.

Red Xaela buddy!

I've been working on my portraits a bit. I changed my hair, and realized I hadn't messed with the lighting at all on most portraits. So now I'm going through and having some fun with the lighting to make more dramatic shadows and stuff. Here's AST for comparison:

I also completely redid my warrior one because it wasn't warrior enough. Now its very warrior I think:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Updated lighting for my ninja portrait. It's one of my favorites.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I made a sage outfit using the new pvp top:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Went back to elezen yesterday, but I made a duskwight instead of my usual wildwood elezen.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Made an Astrologian glamour:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Frog Act posted:

looks cooler than every FFXIV post combined

You can complement someone's pic without being weird about it. If you don't like FFXIV posts why not provide some content yourself?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Freakazoid_ posted:

Other way around: It's the ff14 players that don't like seeing fashion from other games.

What? I can only speak for myself, but I've played a bunch of different MMOs over the years, and I love seeing screenshots from them. That's the main reason I follow the thread. Actually the EverQuest one that first person replied to was pretty nostalgic for me because iksar were my favorite. I just don't have new stuff to post from any MMOs besides FFXIV since it's the only one I'm currently playing.

If you want some non-FFXIV content here's an 8 year old screenshot from Guild Wars 2, of my guardian named A Qeynos Guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

It's not exactly fashion, but I made a side by side comparison of the FFXIV graphics updates for my original/main look. I'm very pleased.