Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cowcaster posted:

so i'm our ship's engineer and i was planning on taking the college athletics talent because a bunch of health/mobility bonuses plus a cargo scooter you can cram items in? yes please. but then i actually looked it up and you can't park the cargo scooter in your inventory like a regular one and it takes two hands, which means that in order to do anything with tools/weapons you'd need to drop it in the middle of the ocean, and all of a sudden that sounds a lot less useful and polymath starts sounding a lot nicer. is the health penalty from polymath that bad?

Take College Athletics. Yes, you have to drop the Cargo Scooter, but Cargo Scooters have a nice feature where they're buoyant. They will float in place in water when dropped. They can still be pushed around by currents if any exist but they will not free fall. Cargo Scooters are unbelievably good.

My crew runs on a personalized version of the R-29 and we have multiple cargo scooters in the lockers for both airlocks. Would not leave home without 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU