Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

this game is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

My friend ape convinced me to play this game despite the garbo community and it is good and fun.

If any other goon wants to coop with us and isnt a horrendous grognard pls do so. We chill and play not super serious

I'll co-op

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

:getin:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

The unstable version is pretty cool. Was playing some single player campaign yesterday and it was a good time

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

Bit late but just wanted to post that the Barotrauma just got a big-ish new update! Creepier caves! Stacking items! Sub upgrades persist when swapping in campaign! Sweet new item graphics! You can sleep in beds and it actually does something! A metric boatload of bug fixes! Here's the full patch notes if you're interested in checking it yourself.

We're starting up a new campaign on a custom scout sub made by Damone if any new players want to join in, don't be shy! Feel free to join the co-op goon server, once you authenticate you can type !lfb to get the role and get pinged when we do game calls.

got a friend to play for the free days and goodness this update owns.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

For those interested in campaign mode, this Barotrauma save decompressor may be of interest. I've used it to hack in hull upgrades to save a death loop after swapping to an underequipped sub mid campaign, and I've even used it to modify a sub mid-campaign! The save state of each sub you own is a deep copy of the file used in the sub editor, so you can pop the sub file of interest into the sub editor directory, make your edits there and save them, then put it back into your save file and compress it back.

Neat stuff.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Looks like baro's gonna get a QTE type system for repairs.

(subject to change)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

I don't know if this factors in to your assessment but the proposed implementation in the pull request allowed the timing bar to reach all the way to the left and stay there indefinitely, no punishment for simply not participating in the QTE.

They mentioned its benefit as use in sabotaging things more discreetly, and I think that's a fun point to make. "Aw shucks I just messed up the qte fellas :kiddo:".

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Are the roles not really as specialized as I've been assuming? I feel like as a mechanic or electrician there nothing for me to do unless somethings broken. Should I be shooting/diving for stuff during the calm moments?

Basically, everyone can do everyone else's job minus a 50/50 chance to hurt yourself while you're repairing or a slight dps/accuracy penalty, provided you can get into the room to do the thing.

During the calm moments I like to make drugs and improvised weapons, tend to the garden, or disassemble trash.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

If you find ship maintenance and medical are too boring, and wish things were more like SS13, I recommend neurotrauma and mechtrauma. very cool mods, especially neurotrauma.

Worf posted:

download the mods directly from steam and not from the server would be my advice, as somebody that hosts modded servers

I also recommend this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Thank you for this warning. I'll probably also back up the save file just in case we think we're prepared enough but we aren't really