Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocode
Oct 28, 2011

Meddle not with Mother Nature, lest you face her wrath.

Cowcaster posted:

is there a way to tell how far the jovian radiation belt is going to advance on the start of the next mission? our host swears up and down that he's watching the map and choosing missions and destinations that keep us ahead of the radiation, but all 3-4 of the campaigns we've started have ended with the entire crew getting microwaved to death. part of our group is vehemently against turning it off because they like the ticking clock element, but the rest of our group is sick of starting a run from level 1 every 5 or so missions in we get. if there's some way to just know exactly where the radiation is going to be and definitively stay ahead of it, then it would be a non-issue, but apparently there isn't? i'm not ruling out our host not reading the map right

As far as I know, the jovian radiation advances based on game time, not based on area or mission completion. The clock is constantly ticking as you are in outpost or in sub. My group turned it off for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU