Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I ran out of nuclear fuel rods and became stranded. I was hoping I could salvage a wrecked sub for fuel rods but there was just a dead clown onboard and nothing worthwhile. How do I mine the minerals outside the sub, do I need to craft a pickaxe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Statutory Ape posted:

salvage a ship not run by literal clowns that also run out of fuel and crashed imo

are there many salvageable subs or are they rare? and is it possible to play in a server with other people but man your own sub whilst they man theirs?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm in the Middle East atm, I'd be down to play with any Euro goons, I don't think ping would let me play with US goons. I'm relatively new to the game, I know the core mechanics well as I was playing this way back when it was f2p 2-3 years ago (or more). I'd prefer playing with newbies as we'd get to experience all the new content together. Was thinking of doing a campaign and working our way up the subs and restocking at outposts.

A five man team would be a decent size for us to handle all the subs in the game.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

What timezone are you guys on, and would you accept a random to join? I've given pubbie servers a go but it's always a shitshow: either the server admin treats it as his personal playground, or his cronies are able to get away with RDMing and nothing prevents it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Makes me realise just how cool it would be to have the ability to actually add to submarines in-game. Make a pitstop at a station and have mechanics actively build new sections of hull, add weaponry, etc, and engineers wire it all up. Would probably only suit hardcore servers though.

Being able to test the new additions and realise that someone forgot to wire up a system properly and having to fix it insitu.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

How far into the campaign are you guys, or does it not really matter? The thought of joining a fresh campaign where we slowly kit out our submarine would be fun to join, but hopping in on a fully decked out sub doesn't have the same appeal.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'll definitely join you all one of these days, but 3pm EST is 11pm in whatever timezone I'm in.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Evil Kit posted:

I reckon we can poke the crew and see if we can't start a bit earlier than 3 occasionally if you aren't up to staying awake super late! If you aren't in co-op goon discord yet see that link from one of my previous posts and see you on the sub!

Don't worry about shifting starting times around, I'm busy for the next couple of weeks anyway with job interviewing and exam taking. Fingers crossed once I'm done with real life stuff all of you won't be burnt out on submariner shenanigans.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

There might be a big uptick of new players, some big streamers were playing this game. Might attract a whole host of newbies.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Does the AI still suck rear end? Cause I refuse to play with randoms, and the time zone differences for the Goons that play is too much.

Been trying for months to rope my friends to play but they're being difficult, won't even give the free weekend a go.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Got my poo poo kicked in going to a Crawler nest. Don't know how to have AI follow me and provide backup. My Mechanic was also just chilling whilst the sub was being broken and leaking, despite him having a "Fix Leaks" as one of his three tasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Would anyone like to put a group together and play through the campaign? I haven't played in years and am basically a new player. I've not done anything outside of a submarine. Nor have I done many missions (I think I've killed some prawns and done one cargo mission). Last I properly truly played was back when the game was first released and it was a totally different beast than what it is today.

I've tried playing with bots but real people is way better. I'm thinking a minimum of 4 players would make for a brilliant campaign? I'm GMT +3, so playing with people from Europe would be preferable. I'd also like to go into the game with others who are equally new. I find it saps the fun out of it if someone knows everything inside and out, it inevitably leads to them playing the game for us instead of us all discovering cool stuff together. I work Sun-Thurs and am typically home and ready to play 6pm my time. I can play for 3 hours weekdays but all day weekends (Fri / Sat).