Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
Fair warning from someone who's played a 1.0 campaign up until the final(?) mission:

My campaign is now basically softlocked because the endgame is impossible if you're unprepared for it. The game also doesn't tell you what you need to prepare for. But after a certain point, you can't go back to resupply, and there's no resources for you to make turret ammo and such from, either (or if there is, we couldn't find it). And by Jove, you're going to need that ammo (and medical supplies, welding fuel, and everything else).

So when it looks like you're heading for the endgame, stock the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
Let's talk mods.

I'm super picky about which mods I'll play with because I don't want them be jank, or broken, or not in the spirit of the game, or break the game balance (which rules out most of them). Also, many of the mods which were popular pre-1.0 haven't been updated post-release.

So I'm currently rolling with these:
- Stations from beyond to add variety to outposts
- Shipwrecks Extended to add variety to shipwrecks
- New Wrecks For Barotrauma (with sellable wrecks) + Movable and Sellable Wrecks + Lua For Barotrauma to add even more variety to wrecks
- Beacons Extended to add variety to beacon stations
- ADV Beacon Stations for the same reason
- Auto-Doors for Vanilla Subs because some of the vanilla ships don't have their fabricators linked to cabinets and that's just gross and this mod fixes that
- Storage Icons because I like to keep things organized

I'm somewhat tempted to play with Real Sonar, too, but I mostly play with random pubbies and I think it'd probably be a disaster.

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

Most popular subs on the workshop have a Chinese-only description, which makes me a bit wary of using them tbh.

Siliziumleben fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 11, 2023