Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I don't know if I'll have time to manage it long term, but I've created a Discord and registered it on GDN (with the bot locked down to just the authentication channel). Invite link is https://discord.gg/CQnqXZu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

re: the Discord, GDN bot is locked to the auth channel only and I'm happy to give people roles manually if they don't want to interact with it, I just wanted to give people a way to join if I'm not available. Once there are enough people on who can give others roles I can remove the bot altogether if it's a problem.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I'm not in any others where people seem to be interested in this, if there is one already please link it. I don't particularly want to mod a discord, I just wanna play this game.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

You need a plasma cutter to mine the minerals I think. But a lot of the smaller vanilla subs don't have a fabricator onboard so you can't do anything with them until you get to a station anyway.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

tuyop posted:

Did we ever settle on a goon discord? What’s wrong with the GDN again?

I'm still running the one at https://discord.gg/CQnqXZu for now. It has GDN so that people can join without me having to give them roles, but I've restricted the bot so it can only see the auth channel because I know some people are uncomfortable using it. You can just ping me when you join instead of using the bot if you don't want to interact with it, just there might be a delay then if I'm not around. As I said before I don't really want to run a discord but I do want to the play the game and I haven't seen any others linked, so if there's another one that works better I'm more than happy to move over. If not and we get a bunch of people going I'll work out something with mods/whatever. We have 10 people on at the moment, but yeah the timezones are bit spread out.

We did get a 3 player game going yesterday which was good fun, upgraded from Dugong to Humpback after a few missions circling around a dead end on the map, then had a pretty stressful last mission where we just barely escaped a Thalamus and a reactor explosion but somehow made it back to port!

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Kalimar posted:

I joined the Discord (hoobastank#4490) and I'm EST.

I can't seem to give you a role for some reason, can you try rejoining?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

redreader posted:

I clicked on the discord invite and it's expired. Can I get an invite posted here or PM'd to me please?

Sorry about that, Discord says it's indefinite but it doesn't seem to always work. Here's a fresh Discord invite link, for anyone still having trouble: https://discord.gg/xZGcCUj