Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Custom Robo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Primal

Rage

The Unholy War but there's no gifs for that

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Len posted:

Primal

Rage

The Unholy War but there's no gifs for that

Games they should unmake

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Okay but hear me out... War Gods / Bio FREAKS HD double pack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Games they should unmake

Games only future police officers played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Games only future police officers played

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

net cafe scandal posted:

Games they should unmake

Meet me at the flagpole after class we're gonna throw hands

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Len posted:

Meet me at the flagpole after class we're gonna throw hands

what an insane choice of hill to die on

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fungah! posted:

what an insane choice of hill to die on

the teacher will probably stop them before it gets to that point

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont want to kill anybody... I just think hes a pervert for showing everyone those Gifs.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

guardian ape

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They should remake this primal. So cool when I was 9

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

does somebody besides square enix own quintet come to think of it? i don't think i've ever seen illuision of gaia or soul blazer hit a virtual console anywhere. IoG feels primed for the treatment they gave secret of mana, at least.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

does somebody besides square enix own quintet come to think of it? i don't think i've ever seen illuision of gaia or soul blazer hit a virtual console anywhere. IoG feels primed for the treatment they gave secret of mana, at least.

I don't think anyone owns them I think they just kinda faded away. Enix published all their SNES games and Actraiser got released on Wii VC but that's it I think

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

well, somebody get one of the admins on the horn and get them to buy it back from the neglectful owners.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

i'm taking over your dumbass thread op, mods please rename it to games they should make.

1) platinum should make a full bore sentai game with bayonetta-style fight 100 guys at once karate segments and then massive mech boss fights. i guess i should actually just play w101 but give me more of those
2) another mech game from fromsoft only with dark souls style worldbuilding and boss fights

dunno if you're making a joke but I really want both of these

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Klowner posted:

dunno if you're making a joke but I really want both of these

i'd way rather think of ideas for new games than which old ones creatively bankrupt suits should try to milk nose candy money out of next

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

like bicyclops' post. i get it, itd be cool to get a new quintet game, but i'd rather they spend time and resources on an interesting new idea than do a remaster

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

picture this. what if instead of an actraiser clone thats super unnecessary when everyone owns like five different ways to play the original you got actraiser three. worldbuilding is more built out with more widgets and maybe even random events with branching paths that give different benefits to encourage replays. your angels get into arpg battles with the demons in the sky and the way you fight has repercussions for the worldbuilding side, which alters the abilities your avatar has in the platforming segments. i'd rather play that than even a trials of mana style remaster, those have to be too faithful to the original

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Didn’t they just make an actraiser clone that sucked rear end

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

picture this. what if instead of an actraiser clone thats super unnecessary when everyone owns like five different ways to play the original you got actraiser three. worldbuilding is more built out with more widgets and maybe even random events with branching paths that give different benefits to encourage replays. your angels get into arpg battles with the demons in the sky and the way you fight has repercussions for the worldbuilding side, which alters the abilities your avatar has in the platforming segments.
also make it a clicker game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think the major problem with trying to make a spiritual successor to Actraiser is that really, that's just grafting some Minecraft world-building onto an action RPG, which has definitely been done. the master/angel/demon stuff is just theming.

i'd be all for an actual Terranigma sequel (or spiritual successor) that carried all the weirdness of the original series with QOL updates, but soul blazer in particular is just a high concept and story that supports a lot in an actual remake that doesn't try to be too faithful. the original combat feels clunky now in a way that's easy to fix, and freeing individual NPCs one at a time to hear their stories is something that could be improved a lot with the hardware we have today. it'd have to be a more full-throated "what if somebody decided to try to design soul blazer today" than trying to use the existing game assets.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

An FF7-tier remake of The Bouncer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Bouncer Episode 1, 40 hours long and at the end you finally exit the bar

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'd like to see a bunch of remakes of really old games that tried to do something cool/ambitious but either couldn't pull it off at all or aged terribly. Stuff like Darklands, Daggerfall, Mel Gibson's Safari 3 etc. It would basically be a completely new game in every sense but still

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Vagrant Story, FF Tactics, Skies of Arcadia. VS especially... quick equipping of weapons/gems would've went a long way

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

Oh hell yeah, this. And for some reason I was reminded of Ehrgeiz God Bless the Ring. Just imagining a fighting game using Tifa's insane moveset from FF7 :allears:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'd like to see a bunch of remakes of really old games that tried to do something cool/ambitious but either couldn't pull it off at all or aged terribly. Stuff like Darklands, Daggerfall, Mel Gibson's Safari 3 etc. It would basically be a completely new game in every sense but still

yeah i'd like stuff like this. i'm just fuckin sick of paying a convenience fee to play old games without havin to plug in an old system and have it be treated like a big deal

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to play a 2d Pokemon game with every single current Pokemon with accompanying 2nd-gen-style sprite art. That's my gamer dream personally

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The SNES Jurassic Park, totally remade, would kind of own

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

That's one I was trying to think of lmao, a competent version of trespasser would be interesting too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

all of you need to find christ

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

would love to see some other ocean classics besides jurassic partk remake. addams family: puggleys scavenger hunt 4k remaster anyone? preferably on the x. with both are andd lucky the fox in the ms ecosystem, the xbox one x is the PREMIER platform for classic euro goodness

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'd like for them to redo Alfred Chicken and this time get it right.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

I'd like for them to redo Alfred Chicken and this time get it right.

AYe...have to agree.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Bioshock

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

all of you need to find christ

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Elite Beat Agents

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bicyclops posted:

I still remember getting that for my 12th birthday, the it was wrapped up with a bow and everything :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I still remember getting that for my 12th birthday, the it was wrapped up with a bow and everything :peanut:

:sadpeanut: