Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

After D'Arby nothing feels nearly as underwhelming, not even Oingo and Boingo here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

at this rate you're going to fight joseph's gross arm growth stand while fleeing from dio

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna assume you can't have Iggy as the "on screen" guy otherwise you'd have switched to him ASAP.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

a cartoon duck posted:

at this rate you're going to fight joseph's gross arm growth stand while fleeing from dio
He might have his own portrait since he is stuck to Joseph.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Imagine losing the last of your MP and losing the will to fight due to your opponent's cutting taunt:

"Chu mi min!"

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Nidoking posted:

Imagine losing the last of your MP and losing the will to fight due to your opponent's cutting taunt:

"Chu mi min!"

planning my career-ruining meltdown based around this. hope ur all looking forward to it

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the previous Rapidly Going Deaf had a meltdown because someone said baba booey a lot, so

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

the previous Rapidly Going Deaf had a meltdown because someone said baba booey a lot, so

The entire subforum?!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

it's a very powerful word

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
baba booey

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Sally posted:

baba booey

hmm seems like the mods have gotta take a look at this troll *sees the blue star* m-m-my apologies sir, thank you for the contribution to my thread

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I can't believe Howard Stern controlled the fate of the RGD subforum

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Leal posted:

I can't believe Howard Stern controlled the fate of the RGD subforum

a shame that every kingdom in the end is taken over by the evil podcaster, but hey que sera sera

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sure love the great spritework in this game, like Atum suddenly mirroring itself when it punches.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for showing what happens if you try to have Iggy lead the party. The devs were cowards not to allow it fully.

Also dang, a fight against a Gamer Stand, would have been the perfect time to use those VR Goggles you have in your inventory for some reason. Could have trapped him in an MMO or something.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This game feels like it was made by the same people that made that horrible Phantom Blood adaptation that Araki refuses to let anyone see.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_m2gFd2I2w

Can the pros here confirm or deny

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Start at part 2 and stop IMO

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Watch every part
not necessarily in order

just inject more jojo in your life

Zushio
May 8, 2008
All parts of Jojo are excellent. Some are just more excellent than others.

Adult Illiteracy
Oct 10, 2012
You're funny, and I like the guy with the accent

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Zushio posted:

:emptyquote:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Zushio posted:

True, but which are which?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Here's the canonical tier ranking list that absolutely no one disagrees with:

More Excellent Tier: Others
Excellent Tier: Some

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I have much to learn, I've only recently started watching the anime and I've enjoyed it all so far.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

not really my kind of vid so i didnt watch it thru but hell, ya should read all the parts of jojo. since it spans so much of araki's career its a nice and easy way to see how he evolves as a artist and writer. anyway it all stinks compared to this game tho, which we are finishing tonight.

think we'll be able to start the next game in about 2 or so weeks, thanks for watching this one and hope everyone enjoys the next one.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
:geno: Muda

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Camping trip is a pretty apt description, particularly given the lack of a any stakes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I shouldn't be surprised by how much this game had nothing to do with the series at this point or how bad it is as an RPG but somehow, even to the very end, it kept adding more and more to both aspects. Honestly, in a way, maybe it did get Jojo - it was definitely a very bizarre product. The only difference is that bizarre in the main series is used as a positive adjective, not so much here.

Thanks for showing this game! I had no idea what this game was like before.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Like, They did the same thing for Star Platinum but it's like whoever did the voice for Dio just did not give enough to even yell it

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I wonder if levels was a late-stage consideration when they were using point and click gameplay.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I didn't know that this game existed and an shocked to hear that there's another.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

this game being programmed by winkysoft (who did a ton of the early, bad srws) really explains a lot... :eyepop:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
this LP really was a bizarre adventure!!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't know that this game existed and an shocked to hear that there's another.

and hell, this is even a capcom game (or crapcom as the trolls like to call em). was supposed to actually come out in the west at some point but the west just wasn't ready for a game where you could play as a mobster yet. but hey luckily someone fan translated it, so here's the first update of GioGio's Bizarre Adventure:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was hoping you would win with a snake finish.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What's the difference between the cut and uncut versions? They're just as long as far as I can see.

Also I'm guessing that that bar requires you to get every secret and also win at 100% HP in every battle to be full, that's kind of annoying.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cut version doesn't have talking over cutscenes.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Knowing the bullshit that Giogio's Stand gets up too how in the in the world can this game be at all difficult?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Will FutureFriend explain what the bar is?

Why does Taoc always seem despondent when he has to introduce himself?

Can Chorps figure out more ways to trick FutureFriend into talking about game mechanics?

And what happened to all Jay's puns?

Find out on the next episode of The Otaku Trash Machine's Bizarre Adventure!