Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
One of those times Buccelati was being attacked by the snake it looked like it went for his groin which is unfortunate/hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I like how it seems like ever Jojo game has a "secret/secret finding" mechanic because the way these fights end up going is usually not just "punch man until he explodes" which what they always makes these games out to be anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the Phantom Blood game was a pretty straightforward brawler because it was Phantom Blood.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Haven't watched the episode yet but the thumbnail for it is extremely good.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Haven't watched the episode yet but the thumbnail for it is extremely good.

yeah, it rules. the artist (@handdrawnsquare on twitter) actually did a new drawing for every episode, and hell im looking forward to showcasing those throughout.

EasilyConfused posted:

Will FutureFriend explain what the bar is?

i did not sorry, bar is basicly just ur stand power. goes down a bit when ur guarding with ur stand, and gradually goes down when u have ur stand out completely.

new update btw

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Anyone who didn't see the anime should know that Giorno was in a maximum security prison and got searched for contraband before and after he got the lighter. Giorno turned the flame into a flower or something in order to avoid failing the test the minute after taking it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Do you suppose Black Sabbath killing all the guards would've made things more difficult for Giorno?

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
It's amazing how, even with this game's clear clunkiness, it still seems far more entertaining to play than the SNES RPG. Like, I actually want to give it a try.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Graceful Graveler posted:

It's amazing how, even with this game's clear clunkiness, it still seems far more entertaining to play than the SNES RPG. Like, I actually want to give it a try.

Well I mean there's an actual game happening here rather than a very mechanically weird visual novel.

Plus you can have Giorno bitchslap a stand, what's not to like?

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 18, 2020

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

oh yea, i think this game is super janky and at times a pain to play, but its also just so much more interesting and ambitious than the jrpg. hell, this new update already lets you play as a completely different character

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 13, 2020

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Huh. That fight kind of loses something without all the fire at the end. Then again, Formaggio growing out of a trash can and throwing random objects at Narancia is kind of hilarious, so maybe it's a worthwhile tradeoff.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Narancia is my sweet little crime boy and I will hear no criticism of him.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Narancia is my sweet little crime boy and I will hear no criticism of him.

well don't worry, there'll be plenty of other characters' their lifestyles we criticize in today's update

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Clearly Bruno put in an order to VoodooPC to get a high-powered laptop with all that money.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Romi Park sure didn't ace that UAAHGGHH.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

Clearly Bruno put in an order to VoodooPC to get a high-powered laptop with all that money.

as a capo, i imagine that bruno needs to show off his monetary power and get a sweet rear end alienware. as a gamer, i cannot condone such horrid actions, but i guess thats why the mafia works in the shadows.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Are you telling me the PS2 didn't have the processing power to render Pesci being sliced into two dozen pieces?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Are you telling me the PS2 didn't have the processing power to render Pesci being sliced into two dozen pieces?

the power of the emotion engine is powerful enough for anything a gamer wants

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Kinda glad they didn't show the hook make its way through the skin very slowly.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Kinda glad they didn't show the hook make its way through the skin very slowly.

capcom are creative cowards for this. boycotting em, i will only buy their games once now

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This encounter would have been hard to watch if they showed the other stuff that happened. Having your flesh stuck to the car and ripping off a finger (I think). Just a flesh wound to these people.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like how Ghaccio is so mad about pronunciations he won't even let being knocked on his rear end stop him from his rant.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
That shot of the Boss at the end really, REALLY looked like a flat jpeg until it panned all the way down, and now I'm kind of disappointed that it isn't.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Reminder that Mista's surname is canonically "Guido", so his full name is Mista Guido.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

C-Euro posted:

Reminder that Mista's surname is canonically "Guido", so his full name is Mista Guido.

You have it backwards. Mista is his last name, Guido is his first name. And since he is European, his name is read in western order, Guido Mista.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm happy there is a character whose special power is "gun"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Leal posted:

Hol Horse was part 3 though :v:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Leal posted:

insane imo that they allowed mista to have a gun, but i guess it makes sense in a country where u fear venice might revolt at any point.

holy hell tho, i havent updated in a while, so uh heres another update, thinking we might be able to finish this next month.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
To be fair, while fighting King Crimson did look like a complete pain in the rear end, that strikes me as really immersive. Like, you can really put yourself in Bruno's shoes and feel what he was feeling in the moment, which was bound to be something along the lines of "What the gently caress? What the gently caress?????"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo those reaction faces when Bruno announces he's turned against The Boss

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

To be fair, while fighting King Crimson did look like a complete pain in the rear end, that strikes me as really immersive. Like, you can really put yourself in Bruno's shoes and feel what he was feeling in the moment, which was bound to be something along the lines of "What the gently caress? What the gently caress?????"

this is why im an expert gamer, instead of that my high 85 Gamer IQ brain thinks "oh a fist? i should phase thru it by rolling". havent been in one yet but i think this would make me victor in any irl fight. for now tho, lets win a videogame one

White Coke
May 29, 2015

FutureFriend posted:

this is why im an expert gamer, instead of that my high 85 Gamer IQ brain thinks "oh a fist? i should phase thru it by rolling". havent been in one yet but i think this would make me victor in any irl fight. for now tho, lets win a videogame one

Fights are just like video games: even when you win, you lose.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Disappointed that Spice Girl's stand cry isn't as powerful as the ASB/EoH one. At least Trish gets a fight in this game despite half the plot getting excised.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For all it removed a lot of the series, it still feels like it'd be a lot easier to play this game and learn about Part 5, than trying to learn about Part 3 with the previous game.

The bar is that low but at least it clears it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Was the second dead guy, the last one from the assassin squad who also turned traitor? That was a lot more removed than just the suicidal guy who let himself get killed for running at the plane.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Was the second dead guy, the last one from the assassin squad who also turned traitor? That was a lot more removed than just the suicidal guy who let himself get killed for running at the plane.

Yeah, he's pretty cool. My boy Doppio is also pretty cool and I cannot for the life of me imagine what it's like trying to figure out his deal from playing this game alone.

EDIT:

Graceful Graveler fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 27, 2021

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That was a really boring version of the seven page Muda rush. I'm genuinely disappointed here.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Among the many ways the franchise pushes bullshit situations, Cioccolata does a masterful bullshit job explaining how biology can work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

That was a really boring version of the seven page Muda rush. I'm genuinely disappointed here.

Yeah that needed to go on for like another 20 seconds.

On a more positive note they really captured how loving creepy Cioccolata looks and acts in this 3d rendition of him. The abrupt smash cuts in his interactions with Secco were a nice touch even though I'm sure it was more a limitation of budget and/or time.