Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
It's amazing how, even with this game's clear clunkiness, it still seems far more entertaining to play than the SNES RPG. Like, I actually want to give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Huh. That fight kind of loses something without all the fire at the end. Then again, Formaggio growing out of a trash can and throwing random objects at Narancia is kind of hilarious, so maybe it's a worthwhile tradeoff.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Are you telling me the PS2 didn't have the processing power to render Pesci being sliced into two dozen pieces?

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
That shot of the Boss at the end really, REALLY looked like a flat jpeg until it panned all the way down, and now I'm kind of disappointed that it isn't.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
To be fair, while fighting King Crimson did look like a complete pain in the rear end, that strikes me as really immersive. Like, you can really put yourself in Bruno's shoes and feel what he was feeling in the moment, which was bound to be something along the lines of "What the gently caress? What the gently caress?????"

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Was the second dead guy, the last one from the assassin squad who also turned traitor? That was a lot more removed than just the suicidal guy who let himself get killed for running at the plane.

Yeah, he's pretty cool. My boy Doppio is also pretty cool and I cannot for the life of me imagine what it's like trying to figure out his deal from playing this game alone.

EDIT:

Graceful Graveler fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 27, 2021

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
You know, I've seen people rag on how goofy it looks in the anime when Secco falls into the garbage disposal, and I get it, but the game makes it just as goofy and I kind of love that.

Like, look at him! He looks like he just slipped on a banana peel! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
This LP was actually a delight. Kind of sad it's over.