Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

tomanton posted:

The bun-and-Dexter-glasses has to be Pearl. Final answer.

Agree with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Gothsheep posted:

Wait, I'm going to change my vote. There's a guy who is super tall, reading the 'Company Manual' while eyeing Denise suspiciously. I'm betting that's Pearl.

Look closer. There's a book in the book.

I vote dog and cell phone.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
Episode 5: Story Update

Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C2lLCeWdJg

Now that we've got our first three Employees settled in, perhaps it's time for a fresh face.

Though, uh... I get the feeling Timothy's not gonna be fond of this situation either.

Let's hope we can keep him from losing his mind. :ohdear:

Wonder what we're walking into this time.

All right, now to get some of this confetti cleaned up...

Oooh, fixing the carpet finally?

Oh!

Or not. One more day of office party hangover carpet. :sigh:

I didn't expect anyone to be here so early.
Yes. I let myself in... to get some things done before the grunts show up.

Uh... hmm. I'm not sure what tier of out-of-our-league that makes this guy, if he's legit, but regardless, doesn't seem like a social type.

No, Denise, he's the Desk Fairy, clearly responsible for the spontaneous desk reconstructions.

Sort of.

:raise:

Well... I'm Denise. The new office manager.

Insert awkward pause

Ohhhhhhh, he's the I.T. guy. That explains a lot.

The system?
Sigh.

Yup, definitely the I.T. guy.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...!
I'm Winston. I handle a lot of the information infrastructure and service deployment across multiple locations for C.A.I.

I'm, uh, not actually sure how high up on the totem pole this makes him, but he sounds like someone this company can't do without, at the very least.

Heheheheh.
Yes, computers. I think Mahavir calls me 'the tech wiz.' An appropriate enough nickname, I suppose.

I guess he's something of a roamer, one this office sees often.

Oh, very nice to meet you! Let me guess, you specialize in technical tasks?

I can't always be here to keep an eye on things. I'm in high demand in the other offices. But I'd rather not have other people mucking around with my networks!

I continue to be very glad Quality of Work isn't a mechanic or I'd feel guilty for what we'd probably have done to this man's infrastructure.

You... you think we're all incompetent, don't you!

Ohhhhhhh no. :(

Oh cripes, Timothy... now look...

:smith:

I may not have a fancy engineering degree like you, but I'm not an idiot!

Engineering? Do you mean like... software engineering? Computer engineering? 'Cause his job seems more like networking, but I'm unsure what that falls under.

I never said...
Do you know how hard I work?

Oh no, Timothy, please...

God it's like watching a train crash, all we can do through the screen is watch as everything starts falling apart even further. :eng99:

I'm a competent, loyal, hard-working employee, dammit!

Inferiority complex? Forgot to take his Xanax?

Upon looking up what that is, that'd be rather helpful right about now, though clearly it hasn't been enough on its own if he's actually been taking it.

Oh, hey, Winston. Got bored of the downtown office finally?

Yeah, suuure. I know why you went over there and I can guess why you're back!

Heeeeeere we go again. :v::coffee:

I bet you finally figured out that new girl from human resources you were flirting with is...

...well, if anyone's gonna be an authority on who's into who, it's Mahavir unless it's whether someone is attracted to him specifically, though I wonder how much of that he pulled out of his rear end.

...and this is why I prefer not to talk to anyone while I'm working.

Yeah, even Denise is getting worn down by this office. Her pure energy can only carry her so far on its own.

Timothy, I really need you to not shatter your own mental health in a negative cycle like this, so-

Well I know, but you don't need to--
I'll prove it, I'll do a whole bunch of them... Yeah! A bunch!

...he's, uh, not in any state to listen or back down, huh. :sigh:

Aaaaah!

Guess not. But, uh... lesson time? :eng101:

They only last one day, and they're kind of pricey, so use them wisely!

Ahh, Training Manuals. We'll get into the details of those when we see the unlock blurb for the Technical Manual. For now, know that they'll help immensely if you desperately need an average or deficient Employee to work on a specific Task type in place of someone else. Things like that won't come up too often, but when they do, these'll be a godsend.

We'll see if this helps make Timothy feel a bit better next time. See you then.

LPFinale fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 24, 2020

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Timothy doesn't have access to firearms right? RIGHT?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I think the game is supposed to be set in the US, so of course he has. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

A moment of low comedy, but perfectly timed.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

drat this games pretty willing to mention The Gays for something made in the 17th century. Kudos.

Also I think I get how it's going now. Timothy will have to do a load of technical tasks and, by any chance, will anyone else doing technical tasks really stress out Winston?

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Chinely posted:

drat this games pretty willing to mention The Gays for something made in the 17th century. Kudos.

Also I think I get how it's going now. Timothy will have to do a load of technical tasks and, by any chance, will anyone else doing technical tasks really stress out Winston?

Funny thing is, I somehow didn't understand any of what Mahavir was talking about when I was younger and just let it fly right over my head and assumed there was some sort of mix-up and left it at that. Thankfully it still works with that minimal connection.

As for Winston... sometimes. I see no harm in mentioning now that he's definitely not going to be relaxed when Timothy specifically is doing the Technical work in this Episode. I dunno if the others doing it would stress him out as I somehow didn't give Mahavir or Tara any Technical Tasks this Episode, but I could check. However, this stressor is mostly to act as filler so Winston isn't free from the Stress loop in Season 1 where you'd otherwise only have 3 other Employees that, as Episode 4 demonstrated, deal with the Stress they output to each other pretty darn well, all things considered.

Since stressors can change from Episode to Episode, they can afford to throw in unique ones like this to keep you on your toes, with a big red flag in the Intro saying it's happening, of course.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

LPFinale posted:

Ahh, Training Manuals. We'll get into the details of those when we see the unlock blurb for the Technical Manual. For now, know that they'll help immensely if you desperately need an average or deficient Employee to work on a specific Task type in place of someone else. Things like that won't come up too often, but when they do, these'll be a godsend.
This is how you can tell it's a game rather than a true simulation of office life because nobody, ever, reads the manual prior to just calling IT and saying "fix this poo poo, now".

Also, late on this, but my vote is for Pearl being the redhead with the dog and earring. Not only is there the obvious "Pearl name pearl earring GET IT???" joke, the whole cell phone/dog/pissing someone else off by ignoring them/etc motif just seems to scream "Pearl" to me for some reason.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Usually because the manuals are in the care of IT/Tech Support in the first place.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
In regards to the current situation on the forums, I've gone ahead and backed up all the LP's posts in Notepad++. All the pictures and gifs are saved locally as well, in addition to being on LPix.

I have no idea what's going to happen from here on out, but backups are the name of the game right now.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Much appreciated. If you find a new home to post LPs, please let us know. Thank you for doing the LP.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Chinely posted:

Winston hates it when someone else does Technical tasks from what I can remember, so Timothy doing them will stress him out.

Though, I believe he only has additional stress point(s) when someone else has a goal to work on Technical tasks. He's still going to be stressed anyway, but not as badly. I could be wrong, however.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Sketchie posted:

Winston hates it when someone else does Technical tasks from what I can remember, so Timothy doing them will stress him out.

Though, I believe he only has additional stress point(s) when someone else has a goal to work on Technical tasks. He's still going to be stressed anyway, but not as badly. I could be wrong, however.

As much as this would make sense, he somehow is fine with it except for specific Episodes like this one. I think the only time it's consistent is much, much later on when he essentially develops a new permanent quirk that says "When this specific person does Technical Tasks, get stressed out".

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
Current plan is to build up a small backlog while things get set up on the site the Three Houses LP is being moved to, then migrate once I feel comfortable doing so. Here's hoping things go well.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
I... might also wind up breaking my rule about just having the writing be as-is in the process of migration, as a sort of nod to the thread changing places. Helps keep things fresh instead of being just a bunch of reposts. That said, whatever happens, know that I won't be interjecting in the middle of scenes or Episodes at all; any time this sort of thing would happen, it'd be at the end of an update and you'll know when it's added.

Plus, my current plan with what to do with that sort of thing wouldn't infringe on the story too much, if I'm careful. I can safely say I'm excited to give it a try.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well, things are looking better as regards to SA's state as a whole, at least.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
For various reasons I won't be going into, I'm not comfortable posting on SA anymore. Rest assured the thread itself has been great; it's been among the most exciting and fulfilling things I've done in the past month.

The thread will continue, alongside a new segment for it, over on LPBeach. It'll start with reposts, 1 a day, plus the new content in updates where it appears, and then we'll be back to the regular schedule of "When it's done, it's done."

New thread is over here, and thank you for your time in the office: https://lpbeach.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

LPFinale posted:

New thread is over here, and thank you for your time in the office: https://lpbeach.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82

Can you update OP post to include that, so every new reader could just jump to active thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

MiiNiPaa posted:

Can you update OP post to include that, so every new reader could just jump to active thread?

Done. I probably should've thought of that in the first place. Thank you.