Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mods are unamerican. Pass it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

some sicko made this online and said "how sick would this be?"

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Disappointed that wasn't the goatman tbh

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It seems to me that the CIA not wanting employees to use drugs is primarily a business concern. You don't want your employees using the poo poo their selling.

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

CIA Post Your L's

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I'm a millennial woman of color with anxiety, and I love the CIA because they represent me

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

more like CIBae

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

It seems to me that the CIA not wanting employees to use drugs is primarily a business concern. You don't want your employees using the poo poo their selling.

it seems to me like a self-selecting recruitment strategy:

people who smoked weed once a lifetime ago that would still admit to it because they ~respect the process and institutions~? get the gently caress outta here boyscout nerd

people who do four lines of coke an hour before the interview and are willing and able to lie their way through it? hell yeah, that's cia psychopath material right there, welcome aboard!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

703 posted:

"The task force noted that it could not determine the precise size of the breach because the CIA hacking team did not require monitoring of who used its network, but concluded that the employee stole as much as 34 terabytes of information, or about 2.2 billion pages."

This is so shockingly stupid its hard to believe

They would have had to have turned it off

I would bet this was set up this way on purpose to make it harder to audit if the program ever blew back on the CIA, and they just werent counting on one of their salaried blackhats going rogue because our government is run by naive privileged trust fund babies

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Laughing at all the moles the KGB managed to get in the CIA.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Hiring state hackers that won't go mercenary at the earliest opportunity seems loving impossible in a capitalist society when you think about it for even a second

Was this what dealing with privateers was like?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
When Carrie hosed Brody :doh:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

yellowcar posted:

it seems to me like a self-selecting recruitment strategy:

people who smoked weed once a lifetime ago that would still admit to it because they ~respect the process and institutions~? get the gently caress outta here boyscout nerd

people who do four lines of coke an hour before the interview and are willing and able to lie their way through it? hell yeah, that's cia psychopath material right there, welcome aboard!

ya, it's this or something like it

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Riot Bimbo posted:

ya, it's this or something like it

half the federal hiring process is weeding out the people who tell on themselves

everyone pretends to like honesty, nobody on earth actually likes honest people

poster reading this: think about it really hard, you don't either

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Jose posted:

i assume this doesn't include all the chinese ops they got executed through laziness

it's for agents not assets

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CSIS is like that too. Has numerous questions asking if you've done drugs before, like too many so it's weird.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
if nothing else, the relatively small number of stars let you know how good they are at making sure its someone else's rear end on the line.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1397998854260199426

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cometpingpong
Intelligence
Agency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU