Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Game
(written by Grace)

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the 16th entry in Intelligent System's long running Fire Emblem franchise, a series of tactical RPGs going all the way back to the NES. Three Houses is the first home console Fire Emblem since 2007 and is basically three Fire Emblem games rolled into one, with three completely unique routes and a secret fourth one. I think they added a DLC 5th one, but we won't be playing that cause Dan doesn't have the DLC. The game is broken into two segments: tactical warfare and school simulator. You join one of the three factions vying for power in the country of Fodlan, the Adrestian Empire, Holy Kingdom of Faerghus or the Leicester Alliance. We're playing the Alliance route, because chaotic bisexual energy. If it goes well and there's demand we will hit the other routes too!

The LP
(written by Danaru)

I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem game aside from the first few hours of Awakening. Then my hands started cramping because I have weird giant gorilla hands that can't do handhelds very well. I do have plenty of experience with SRPGs however, which is why every once in a while I'll try to Overwatch my archer units.

Grace, on the other hand, has played nearly all of the pre-DLC game, and will be guiding me on not screwing everything up. With that said I do what I want because I'm a big man and I can jump into any fires I want to. We will be trying to recruit all the lovely children. Also we're playing Normal Casual because I'm not crazy enough to do a blind permadeath run.

Episodes:

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 1 - Ghost Symbol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I have no idea why you suddenly went "oh it was circlmastr" during the tutorial battle. In my defense, I have no experience with the Fire Emblem series so I generally lack context.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

I have no idea why you suddenly went "oh it was circlmastr" during the tutorial battle. In my defense, I have no experience with the Fire Emblem series so I generally lack context.

My phone went off, but OBS's noisegate was a little sterner than Discord's so it didn't come through on the recording. Incidentally, it was you sending me this:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This is going to be a glorious disaster. :allears:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

My phone went off, but OBS's noisegate was a little sterner than Discord's so it didn't come through on the recording. Incidentally, it was you sending me this:

Again in my defense, that image is absolutely something you would post.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Ground floor for in a Dan and Grace LP babey, lets gooooo

For content: the DLC isn’t a real 5th route, it’s a weird side story type deal. You know how whenever a shonen anime gets a movie it’s about the characters in a new setting dealing with a completely unrelated plot? It’s like that.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Oh god Dan why you're gonna play this forever

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Same drinking conditions as XCOM?

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Oh boy ground floor for a blind playthrough!!!!! Have fun playing this for eternity!

Also, correcting Grace: Linhardt is no longer the only bi option for Boyleth! Jeritza and Yuri were added at different waves of the DLC, and Jeritza at least doesn't require that you purchased and played through Cindered Shadows (though he is locked to a route we aren't in (you should play that route eventually, if only to see how incredibly horny he is for Byleth)). He's honestly my favorite ship for Boyleth. (just-in-case "character is recruitable" spoilers)

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I love how you have so little experience with the series and your first reaction is still that the tiny pointy-eared girl is a dragon :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

vilkacis posted:

I love how you have so little experience with the series and your first reaction is still that the tiny pointy-eared girl is a dragon :allears:
Pop culture osmosis is a hell of a thing.

This is going to be the best kind of train wreck. :munch:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh hell yes, this is going to be both glorious and hilarious.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
gently caress yes, Dan & Grace blind playing one of my favorite games, this is like Christmas come early.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 2 - Crest Of The Panda

I'm gonna adopt all the babies and kick all their asses

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Crests are stored in the balls.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Look, Lorenz is also a good child, okay? He just... needs work.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Like Clockwork posted:

Oh boy ground floor for a blind playthrough!!!!! Have fun playing this for eternity!

Also, correcting Grace: Linhardt is no longer the only bi option for Boyleth! Jeritza and Yuri were added at different waves of the DLC, and Jeritza at least doesn't require that you purchased and played through Cindered Shadows (though he is locked to a route we aren't in (you should play that route eventually, if only to see how incredibly horny he is for Byleth)). He's honestly my favorite ship for Boyleth. (just-in-case "character is recruitable" spoilers)

I'm mad they added Jeritza to Edelgard's route AFTER I'd already finished that route. I just have Church left and I don't feel like playing the class section THREE times, two is painful enough.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
While recording this most recent episode, I remembered I never explained why we named her Harumaki. This here is Harumaki, and she dance

https://twitter.com/ossanhime/status/1146380030848585728

Look at her go she's amazing

https://twitter.com/mofumofu_pan/status/915903069619077120

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Ughhh i'm actually kind of mad that Grace didn't make you talk to all the students before moving on. You skipped two entire classes! Even if you weren't going to teach them it'd be good to get the introductions since you'll be seeing them all around regardless.

...aaand i figured you were picking the deer. I admit i had extremely selfishly hoped you'd go for one of the others, i feel they're a better introduction and honestly just better in general, but at least you get Lysithea straight off the bat! Lysithea owns.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"Oh, this girl..."
"She's the racist!"
"...Goddamnit, I was about to say she looks cute."

"Aw, she looks cute."
"She's also horny for your dad!"
"..."

:allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

vilkacis posted:

Ughhh i'm actually kind of mad that Grace didn't make you talk to all the students before moving on. You skipped two entire classes! Even if you weren't going to teach them it'd be good to get the introductions since you'll be seeing them all around regardless.

That was on me. The specific games we're LPing mean the confirm button changes pretty much every time we record, so I tried to say no but accidentally confirmed instead. :cripes: If you ever see me leave a menu, sigh deeply, and reopen the menu, that's why.

Also I made this after our last recording session:

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1274807585925926914

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

^ At that point, sure, but it would have been so easy to just say something about it when you were clearly leaving the area without having seen it all yet.

And that is a remarkably accurate depiction of the Bernadetta Experience :v:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Danaru posted:

That was on me. The specific games we're LPing mean the confirm button changes pretty much every time we record, so I tried to say no but accidentally confirmed instead. :cripes: If you ever see me leave a menu, sigh deeply, and reopen the menu, that's why.

The pain of this speaks to me on so so many levels.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
If it helps, the Switch does support global button remapping now. So you could just swap A and B if it's more comfortable to you one way or the other.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 3 - Titty Teacher and Moustache Teacher

Whoops sorry for the delay, I work as a hospital janitor so life is real hectic right now. I forgot what thread needed to be updated when :v:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah i don't imagine anyone working at a hospital is having an easy time in 2020.

I'm glad you appreciate Lysithea, especially since you have so much in common with her :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm going to imagine every time Dan expresses a desire for shenanigans gone undone, it actually happened but the magical girl pal had to rewind time because of it.

"Dear goddess, I wish I knew how to swim-"
"SINK OR SWIM, SUCKER!"

Also holy loving poo poo, "Map shows NPCs with unique dialogue you haven't talked to yet" is goddamned amazing :stare: Why don't more games do that aside from :effort:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hey don't compare Sylvain to Felix. Felix is an rear end in a top hat, Sylvain is a special boy. His womanizing is... a very shallow bit of a deeper character.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I know Ferdinand only from memes and fanart, a while ago my twitter timeline was chock full of Fire Emblem. Most of my twitter friends seem to consider Ferdinand to be an egg? I have no idea why, or if that fits.

("Egg" in this context is a word for a trans person who hasn't realised they're trans just yet.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've come around on Sylvain a bit since we started doing real missions. He's no Hilda or Raphael but he's an acceptable addition to Team Kill

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Hey don't compare Sylvain to Felix. Felix is an rear end in a top hat, Sylvain is a special boy. His womanizing is... a very shallow bit of a deeper character.

They're both kind of assholes.

I mean every character in 3H is basically sympathetic to some degree if you get into their backstory, but that doesn't change the fact that some of them are not pleasant to deal with. And even if you have the context for their behaviour (which most of the people who interact with them do not!) it doesn't mean you have to forgive them for the things they do.

Mikl posted:

I know Ferdinand only from memes and fanart, a while ago my twitter timeline was chock full of Fire Emblem. Most of my twitter friends seem to consider Ferdinand to be an egg? I have no idea why, or if that fits.

I don't remember any particular hints at it from the game, but it's been a good while since i stopped playing it. He is a very pretty boy who grows his hair out over the course of the game, though, which is way more evidence than fandom usually needs. :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I appreciate the discussion but remember I'm blind and I'll hunt anyone who spoils stuff for me eternally like Jason Voorhees. I'm immune to bullets and have a disturbingly high pain tolerance this is a threat

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Oh yeah, i'm definitely not trying to ruin any surprises! If there was anything that felt like it got too close please point it out, i just thought i remembered Grace telling you about Ferdinand's (glorious) hair in the second half and figured "characters generally get more sympathetic if you get to know them" wasn't much of a reveal. The images are just shitposts.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nah you're fine, I just wanted to head off anyone who might have wanted to talk about plot stuff after the time skip :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 4 - Thank You, Raphael

I am good at kill

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I can respect anyone who reacts to enemy archers with "gently caress you I'm going to throw my axe right in your face!"

But not as much as I respect your punch boy's sweet dodges. Lightning isn't punches, get that poo poo out of here.

Also, Claude's feet are just, RIGHT in the loving ground to his ankles 15 minutes in :stare: How many times has this happened or will happen that I haven't even noticed?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

The beauty of Three Houses is that you totally can make every character a punchboy (and/or -girl, though punchgirl takes more effort).

I'm not saying you should, but...

And, yes, Dedue is Extremely Big And Good.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

"I'm gonna gently caress all the teachers and kill all the pigeons." - Dan, 2020

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I know what levels of advanced play to expect out of our hosts but that didn't stop me from screaming every time they busted out Fading Blow instead of an ordinary punch that would've done twice the damage :cripes:

It is completely on brand for Raphael to end up basically carrying the fight even despite that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah I didnt realize high speed meant people could attack twice, and just assumed special attack meant more damage :frogdunce: I do figure that out in an episode or two.

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 5 - Professor Fucks

I WORK here dammit I should be able to go wherever I want