Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Game
(written by Grace)

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the 16th entry in Intelligent System's long running Fire Emblem franchise, a series of tactical RPGs going all the way back to the NES. Three Houses is the first home console Fire Emblem since 2007 and is basically three Fire Emblem games rolled into one, with three completely unique routes and a secret fourth one. I think they added a DLC 5th one, but we won't be playing that cause Dan doesn't have the DLC. The game is broken into two segments: tactical warfare and school simulator. You join one of the three factions vying for power in the country of Fodlan, the Adrestian Empire, Holy Kingdom of Faerghus or the Leicester Alliance. We're playing the Alliance route, because chaotic bisexual energy. If it goes well and there's demand we will hit the other routes too!

The LP
(written by Danaru)

I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem game aside from the first few hours of Awakening. Then my hands started cramping because I have weird giant gorilla hands that can't do handhelds very well. I do have plenty of experience with SRPGs however, which is why every once in a while I'll try to Overwatch my archer units.

Grace, on the other hand, has played nearly all of the pre-DLC game, and will be guiding me on not screwing everything up. With that said I do what I want because I'm a big man and I can jump into any fires I want to. We will be trying to recruit all the lovely children. Also we're playing Normal Casual because I'm not crazy enough to do a blind permadeath run.

Episodes:

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 1 - Ghost Symbol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

I have no idea why you suddenly went "oh it was circlmastr" during the tutorial battle. In my defense, I have no experience with the Fire Emblem series so I generally lack context.

My phone went off, but OBS's noisegate was a little sterner than Discord's so it didn't come through on the recording. Incidentally, it was you sending me this:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 2 - Crest Of The Panda

I'm gonna adopt all the babies and kick all their asses

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
While recording this most recent episode, I remembered I never explained why we named her Harumaki. This here is Harumaki, and she dance

https://twitter.com/ossanhime/status/1146380030848585728

Look at her go she's amazing

https://twitter.com/mofumofu_pan/status/915903069619077120

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

vilkacis posted:

Ughhh i'm actually kind of mad that Grace didn't make you talk to all the students before moving on. You skipped two entire classes! Even if you weren't going to teach them it'd be good to get the introductions since you'll be seeing them all around regardless.

That was on me. The specific games we're LPing mean the confirm button changes pretty much every time we record, so I tried to say no but accidentally confirmed instead. :cripes: If you ever see me leave a menu, sigh deeply, and reopen the menu, that's why.

Also I made this after our last recording session:

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1274807585925926914

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 3 - Titty Teacher and Moustache Teacher

Whoops sorry for the delay, I work as a hospital janitor so life is real hectic right now. I forgot what thread needed to be updated when :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've come around on Sylvain a bit since we started doing real missions. He's no Hilda or Raphael but he's an acceptable addition to Team Kill

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I appreciate the discussion but remember I'm blind and I'll hunt anyone who spoils stuff for me eternally like Jason Voorhees. I'm immune to bullets and have a disturbingly high pain tolerance this is a threat

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nah you're fine, I just wanted to head off anyone who might have wanted to talk about plot stuff after the time skip :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 4 - Thank You, Raphael

I am good at kill

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah I didnt realize high speed meant people could attack twice, and just assumed special attack meant more damage :frogdunce: I do figure that out in an episode or two.

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 5 - Professor Fucks

I WORK here dammit I should be able to go wherever I want

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like talking to/yelling at my stupid lovely children though, except zombie creep and drilltails' lovely brother that I dont respect

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 6 - My Kids Are Awesome

I love these dumbasses

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Honestly that's partially why I decided to play this blind, so Grace can do all the dorklord guide reading and I can ignore him and give everyone punch gloves

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Y'all can fight about whatever you want, I just wanna kill poo poo :colbert: also I dont understand any of it so whatever its cool

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 7 - Double Murderer

Probably should have touched on the whole horrors of war thing while I was teaching people how to punch

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 8 - Dumb Brain Baby

Look I've played a JRPG before, I can see where this is going

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 21, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 9 - Fight Child And Heal Child

I'm completely awful at remembering names, so you can tell how much I like a character by what I call them. The tier list goes like this:

-Actually remembering their name/using the nickname "<Adjective> Child/Baby/Wife"
-Using a jokey nickname (Moe Howard, Boss Baby)
-Just a description of the character (Mom hair girl, floofy hair girl with the hat)
-"who the gently caress is this"
-A rude nickname (Racist girl, Zombie guy)
-Yelling "NO." when I see them

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

vilkacis posted:

When someone's training in just one skill, they get 1,5 times the points they'd normally get. Generally it's better to have them learning two things unless you're in a hurry to meet a specific goal, because they get more points that way. I don't think they get any kind of bonus when they suggest focusing on specific skills though, it's just a suggestion for a thing that character might be good at. I'd put both Lysithea and Marianne on learning both kinds of magic, they're both excellent with all of it.

Well poo poo I definitely put more kids on a single skill direction during this recording session :frogdunce: I'll fix it when we record next

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 10 - Halmak Can't Go That Fast

I set noise cancellation a little too low, so during the quiet scenes you might hear my air conditioner. It was 40 degree humidex that day and I start actively losing HP at 25 degrees. Make fun of me all you want because when it hits -40 in winter I become infinitely powerful.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah that's a nasty habit from XCOM, I keep forgetting I can just cancel a move if I dont like it instead of moving and finding five sectopods forming a giant middle finger directed at me.

At least I'm not trying to overwatch my archers anymore :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 11 - Twould

Lorenz, like, c'mon buddy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We're gonna record tonight and I'm going to fix the mess of goals I created then :v: I think we still have two episodes backlogged after this but it should be fixed after that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 12 - Extremely Squishy Baby

I'm going to make sure every single one of these dipshits have PTSD by the time the time skip happens

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 13 - Rude Baby And Heal Baby Are Friends

Hey do you want an hour of Harumaki sprinting around yelling at children yeah you fuckin' do

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 14 - A Tornado Of Punching

So what had happened was, I've been using NVIDIA RTX to noise cancel my air conditioner because holy piss it's all hot all the time, and at some point some process hosed up and despite saying it was running, it wasn't :frogdunce: I've since fixed it but these next four episodes are a little shonky audio-wise.

Also I worked from 6:30 to 2:30 the day we recorded so by the last episode I'm running at 0% brain capacity since even on a normal day I get crazy sleepy when I sober up, enjoy that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 15 - Dignity Is For Cowards

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey I only got a couple of the C listers mulched <:mad:> all the important people survived.

The fact that this game is so good makes the bizarre choices that much more obvious. I dont regret killing death knight and I'll continue to kill him because he's a coward and I dont respect him, but to make the unlockable bonus class so useless is like how though

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 16 - Thickness Only Goes So Far

Look, they summoned a demon and had it backfire when the demon refused to fight for them. Then I killed it anyway. These guys have been clowned on hard enough as punishment just let them go

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 17 - You Hope Wrong

I am very sorry for the audio in this one :frogdunce: Also I'm sorry for being basically unconcious the entire time but not as sorry as the audio stuff

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Sorry for the radio silence lately folks, schedules have been not working out and our few resources have been directed towards our Chimera Squad LP. We should be able to play more this week so hopefully we'll have some episodes soon

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nah it cant be them, they share all their data with us over at The Gay Agenda so we'd be able to get around it. My guess is either the Reptoids or the Vegans (the aliens from Vega, not the no meat people)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey quick question for a friend that has nothing to do with perceived slights from recent posting, if someone did a poo poo ton of grinding offscreen without advancing time would that wind up loving up the flow of the game? Also can you send a unit into battle alone again asking for a friend

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Keldulas posted:

Let me clear the air. I'm not advocating grinding at all, that's really boring and unnecessary. Please don't grind on my account. I was largely agreeing with Fedule on the game being unnecessarily difficult for the MC to change classes

I legitimately can't answer those questions for you since I haven't grinded in Three Houses.

Dont worry I wont do anything I wouldnt normally do. Honestly I've been holding back on my bullshit because I figured people wanted to see me play normally :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 18 - Forest Goes Slow, Not-Forest Goes Fast

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1307523875673124864

Danaru fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 20, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Who the hell is Ignatz

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 19 - Really Good At What She Does

Manuela: "Hey we need you to organize the library"
Hilda:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 20 - You.

It's no Patricide, but Fratricide is good too.

I'm also very glad you can experience how much it kills Grace not to spoil stuff. I was worried his head was going to explode after the fourth or fifth time he alluded to the second half of the level

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 21 - Find His Tits. Punch Them.

Man I'm glad I dont have one of those relic things, that's hosed up

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 22 - Everything Is Ghosts

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1313892979078320128

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 23 - I Want To Pet The Big Borky

I'm imagining anyone who is an adjutant to Maki as being in one of those baby carriers people put on their chest, except soaked in blood and screaming

I'm a good mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fire Emblem Three Houses Episode 23 - They're All So Baby

Like the story of Icarus, Maki's tragedy is being so consumed by bloodlust that she gets trapped in a teleporter maze.

Also what piece of poo poo put a teleporter maze under the monestary I want names.