Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Khanstant posted:

i made a tinder one day. i mean it, after a day i deleted it. i didnt get a match out of the like two dozen people i swiped on and it was fucknig with my head/confidence at work so i baleeted it for good but now im lonely and cant meet nobody so what im saying is please introducxe me to fuckmap she seems nice

I guess it depends on the city. I used the same profile in some and got dozens of gorgeous doctoral students and working professionals that liked to do fun things. They all seemed really eager and some asked me out fairly early on.

Then I get to another city, spam right, and end up matched to people who also spammed right and are clearly not a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

itry posted:

I imagine tindering a college town is quite different

You'd think so but I count both Oslo and Toronto on my list of bad places to use Tinder.

With Oslo it's a lot of people being very formal and making a lot of small talk and being all "I don't think that's appropriate to discuss when introducing yourself". Which is the opposite of how Norwegians are in real person.

With Toronto I get really incompatible matches. Like, I'll make my profile the equivalent of "I really insist my dates are shot-for-shot remakes of vulgar romantic comedies but carried out in at least three different languages" (I have very WASP-y profile pictures even though I am a "black of Europe" and it's a sellers market for us). The response is like "SUP BABY I LOVE MONEY DO YOU LOVE MONEY? LET'S ROB A LIQUOR STORE TOGETHER" and the profile pic shows that they mean it.

I'm told by friends that in Toronto near everyone uses niche services to match with their ethnic group, social class and neighbourhood which validates my view of Toronto as the most segregated city that promotes itself as "One of the Most if Not the Most Multicultural and Diverse On the Planet".