Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

is it ok to post about other little arthropod friends itt? they get a bad rap but im a big fan of house centipedes, they're like lil housecats (fast ambush predator, loves warmth, spends significant time grooming itself, free pest control)

also they use their own legs to lasso bugs

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

oh man that lil' cow

im playing bug fables rn (which is an awesome game everyone should play) and this seems topical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivv-F-q81tA

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAheSfKEbHA

quote:

After dining, centipedes clean themselves. They have a grooming structure near the mouth. It’s a groove covered with hairs through which antennae and legs can be passed to remove dust and dirt. They clean their appendages from the base to the tip in a meticulous and unchanging order, starting with the antenna then legs on one side of the body, from front to back. After one side is done, they do the other. And they keep track; if interrupted while grooming, the centipede resumes where it left off. If a leg is missing, the centipede will try to clean it when its turn comes.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

here's a funny spider moment between dr. who and kevin hart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYoHjiqRgsk

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

since we're branching out into other misunderstood crawlies i want to give a shoutout to one of my favorite groups of insects, Robber Flies! these guys are true badasses of the insect world, hunting potentially deadly (to them) insects like bees and other agile aerial predators like dragonflies on the wing, among other more mundane flying insects like houseflies. They have really powerful legs for wrangling prey and the dainty bristly mustache on their face hides their mouth parts which are basically a giant retractable stiletto for stabbing other bugs

some species are mimics, including several which mimic bees (all the better to eat you with!)

hello yes, um, dont mind me! i am a bee too!

classic asilidae feeding pose, just hanging out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Das Boo posted:

I MAY LOVE BATS MOST OF ALL.
I got my mom a bat house for her birthday and my folks get little brown bats!

She called my once to tell me she accidentally picked one up while it was sleeping in some leaves and it was incredibly soft. :3:

i caught a bat while fishing once (long story) and i can confirm that they are incredibly soft. not only is their fur insanely soft but their wings also are like the softest finest leather you could possibly imagine