Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
Spiders are awesome, & tiny spiders are adorable.

I was terrified of them growing up, but slowly got used to them. Then one summer, several years ago, I discovered a black widow living in my bedroom window, between the glass and the screen (there was a tear in the screen that I guess it would go in & out of). I didn't feel like messing with it, so I made it a deal: I don't kill you, you don't kill me or my cat. So I let it live there, just doing its spider thing. Eventually it died, I think maybe it got stuck behind the screen and starved.

But since then I have respect for spiders. I never kill them and persuade others not to as well. One exception is when my brother-in-law found a spider (about the size of a quarter) in his kitchen on Thanksgiving, missing half it's legs, probably due to one of their cats. But when we prodded it with a spoon handle, instead of running, it waved two of its remaining legs up in the air at us in defense. It was a bad-rear end spider, but it was so beat up we decided to put it out of its misery.

Scorpions are terrifying. Cool, but terrifying. The best bugs, though, are mantises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU