Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is a thread for maps, inspired by a map I was shown that that made me mad in the way that every time I look at it I find something new to be mad about.

This is a global transit map made by Mark Ovenden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Ovenden

It may seem innocuous enough at a glance, you might even think "A global transit system actually sounds like a cool idea." But, I swear, each time you look at it, you'll find some new incredibly baffling decision in this thing.

This is in the Southwest US alone:

Like every stop is like this, it's nuts.

Post other things about this map that are absurd, or post other maps that are also incredibly bizarre or cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CongoJack posted:

I think the idea behind the world transit map isn't to be an actual representation of what a worldwide rapid transit system would look like but a sort of cute little map made to look like a major city's public transit system. The idea being that if we worked together and had proper funding we could make travel around the world as easy and commonplace as travel through NY or whatever.

Yeah, but that's not as funny as taking it literally.