Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Wait, why are we talking Drake here? Because of his Joey Ryan enabler status and because of the whole turning a blind eye to predators in wrestling in general thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

davidbix posted:

Wait, why are we talking Drake here? Because of his Joey Ryan enabler status and because of the whole turning a blind eye to predators in wrestling in general thing?

Yup. Also worth noting that apparently Joey Ryan (on his personal account) liked Drake's facebook post about the radical Christian stuff.

That is ignoring the fact that Wuertz is connected to Matt Morgan who has some sort of ties with Matt Gaetz, an actual sex trafficker.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don’t think he’s got as much influence as people worry about if the stuff about him being demoted already is true.

He's giving out Proud Boys poo poo backstage and using his work accounts to set up his Q events along with being part of the NXT prayer circle, so a token demotion isn't really stopping him!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He called into a council meeting (with the intent to harass them and spread more of his views) backstage at work wearing work attire specifically because he didn't fear significant consequences for doing so even if it went viral

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1389209950048514049

ok who is everyone vaguetweeting about here because I am totally lost

E:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Is that not Antonio Honda?

The Gatoh MOve one, I would guess the other one is YOSHIKO? But, who knows. Blind items!

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 3, 2021

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

DJExile posted:

E:

Okay I'm lost even with the original tweet there

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Original tweet seems to be about Yoshiko (it was posted in August). No idea who GWB is talking about

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DJExile posted:

E:

alf is talking about yoshiko while pufbrain is talking about alf, the original tweeter.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ah, that does make sense. Is that tweeter someone anyone should know or just some random shithead on the internet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

a cyborg mug posted:

Original tweet seems to be about Yoshiko (it was posted in August). No idea who GWB is talking about

Talking about the guy he's quoting:

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1389200363836743686

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

a cyborg mug posted:

Ah, that does make sense. Is that tweeter someone anyone should know or just some random shithead on the internet

As far as I can see, just a "prominent" member of the Gatoh Move fandom.

And frankly if we're going to judge promotions by the worst people in their fandoms then absolutely nobody and nothing is safe. This might be beyond the remit of this thread.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh Jesus yeah the MY SHARED FANDOOMMMM thing is unbelievably stupid.

Lamuella posted:

And frankly if we're going to judge promotions by the worst people in their fandoms then absolutely nobody and nothing is safe.

This is exactly it, yeah

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who the gently caress is Alfie Fisher.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lamuella posted:

As far as I can see, just a "prominent" member of the Gatoh Move fandom.

And frankly if we're going to judge promotions by the worst people in their fandoms then absolutely nobody and nothing is safe. This might be beyond the remit of this thread.

A fan of a promotion being a bad person isn't notable in any way and comparing that with what Joey Ryan or David Starr or countless actual wrestling talents did to actual people is stupid beyond belief. If you can't handle the fact that wrestling fans might be Trump supporters maybe wrestling and existing in the real world aren't for you.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is that dingus seriously faulting a promotion because one specific alleged rear end in a top hat is a fan of it? How do they even function in society if that's anywhere close to a consistent standard?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Gatoh Move has a very small audience and I could see someone extremely toxic being such a vocal and prominent part of the community that it’d put someone off, especially if they’re known to be an awful person and are welcomed with open arms. It’s not impossible to imagine. I don’t do Twitter or even read the YT comments but I’ve still seen there are some fairly creepy people there

Edit: but yeah maybe this isn’t the right thread for this

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 3, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If that dude didn't sleep on Emi's couch, what the gently caress. I'm pretty sure that dude was ejected from the Gatoh Move discord anyway.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
op got permabanned and the thread is posting about q-anon and random internet weirdos. good poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gas this poo poo. Maybe revisit the blacklist idea with the thread getting bumped when there's update. Also make a general sleaze thread since ppl love to play with the poop.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
BSS has an industry terribleness thread that works pretty well for this type of stuff. Some of it is obviously sexual harassment / assault etc but there are also other reasons people are bad and it covers that too.

Needs heavier moderation though, previous iterations of that thread were not very good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is what happens to the terminally online.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

op got permabanned and the thread is posting about q-anon and random internet weirdos. good poo poo.

I took a look at why they got banned...that sure is something

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I post constantly about ChocoPro and I have no idea who that is.

maybe he's up on the wall of sponsors but there are so many now it doesn't make you particularly influential. he ain't paying the 500 dollars a month tier

Fans, unless actually assaulting people in the context of wrestling, are probably not within the bounds of the thread. Should have gone in the social media thread or the gatoh move thread itself.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 3, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thanks for bringing all this random static about unlikable people into the thread so it can get closed. maybe a decent person can start the next one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

thanks for bringing all this random static about unlikable people into the thread so it can get closed. maybe a decent person can start the next one

edit: actually I'm going to settle for: maybe the next one will be focused on a specific issue or otherwise ongoing event, not whatever the gently caress people keep dumping into this thread

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 3, 2021