Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay well burn down the UK at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

Has Smackdown already been taped? Riddle is supposed to be debuting tonight, I can't see Fox being happy with that, especially when they pulled the Jeff Hardy/Sheamus piss throw.

That was only because it broke their standards and practices rules.

Fox clearly has no rules against sexual predators appearing on their stations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The original tweet said she was booked twice since then on the same card as the guy. That's what SNV is referring to.

Jericho only ever worked ROH and NJPW between WWE and AEW. Brodie and Dustin went direct to AEW. JR has done all kinds of poo poo in between but nobody would ever describe him as a wrestler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

Thanks to DrVenkman and @CommieGarfield on twitter we can summarize that riddle's wife did text the victim asking for messages Matt had sent her. the woman tweeted this as a screenshot but forgot to block out the phone number, so deleted that and reuploaded it with the number partially obscured. the reason there is a weird 'remove ads' button in the original image is not because of a fake image creator but because of a third party app, textnow, that uses ads. There isn't anything proving fake messages or anything like that

Yeah just to clarify this a bit...

The claim being made here is that this screenshot:
https://twitter.com/EliteArtistGFX1/status/1274015554437816328

...was in Candy's tweet originally, which she then deleted and posted this instead:
https://twitter.com/CandyCartwright/status/1274012311859183616

...cropping out both the number, and the Remove Ads button. This appears to be true, but the app she's using is just a free messaging app like WhatsApp or countless others. It's not a fake SMS creator. She cropped it to remove the phone number, not hide some evidence of faking she accidentally revealed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mob posted:

weekly Fortnite

ow my brain

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The admin solution to this kind of thing is always just to add another mod. So everyone draw straws, I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cams was trolling or impossibly dumb, either of which should take a break from this thread for a while.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Moose does that Mark Henry shill bullshit for Impact. He's like their designated defender.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

In context it was actually a "Ricochet looks like a girl" joke but that's obviously not any better.

(Ricochet previously said something about how he looked like Sasha when he was younger so Sammy was riffing on that)

The reply was to Sasha and not Ricochet though.

It's still up, because he's not a very smart man:
https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1274771630137450500

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The exact same thing is happening, in that people are coming forward and sharing their stories of abuse, in the stand up comedy and game streaming/esports/game youtube scenes right now.

Yeah it's really blown up in the latter in about the same timeframe.

Mixer it turns out is basically the British wrestling scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've seen Sexxxy Eddy fight twice and one of those times he didn't do the dickflip. So that's at least one more time than Joey Ryan.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless wrestling is different than every single other industry in Japan, no they're just covering well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

stab posted:

Eddy always asks for consent and if there's any hesitation whatsoever he doesn't do it.

I think in this case it was also just trying to tone things down a bit since there were a lot of kids in the audience. It was part of a toy show so they sold a lot of combo tickets. You probably know the one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Up until the last year or so Hitler was just some silly mustache cartoon man to the kids today.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anyways, it was amusing to watch WWE talent circle the wagons for Sammy on twitter today while completely ignoring Velveteen Dream, Matt Riddle, Jordan Devlin, and literally all of NXT UK.

Circle the wagons means adopt a defensive position.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You missed this one that she posted first:

https://twitter.com/slaymysterio/status/1275430060787466241

Who's Max?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He probably genuinely believes that's how it works too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's just copsplay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Maybe I've missed a discussion on this, but isn't it bonkers telling that only a scant few of these stories were about current WWE main roster members/management?

As SNV posted on the last page...

In Training posted:

You only hear about it more often in the FGC because there's very little actual power at play (nobody is rich, there's no centralized structure, no like, legal influence etc.) most other institutions are much better at hiding and protecting sexual predators because they have way more resources at their disposal and way more money moving upwards.

Most of these guys are nobodies and while there's some backlash for saying anything, when it's a WWE guy there's millions of people calling you slurs and a bunch of lawyers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I AM A
former UFC fighter
i like weed
i hate shoes
MY FAMILY IS MY
everything
(a picture of an eagle)
BRO

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

The last I've heard about Darby is he showed Tony some texts or DMs to back himself up and I guess it was good enough? I still feel weird about it though.

That's the same defense they used for Riddle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

I think the defense they used for Riddle is that he told WWE about his "stalker" when he signed with them, but then he was shown to have completely lied about that because there are pictures of him with his "stalker" from after he supposedly told them.

Riddle has had like 4 different ones now but it was one of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're about as accurate as Meltzer is these days and we all take him as gospel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

Even if it's not because of SpeakingOut he should probably consider the implications of him making a post like that.

WIll Ospreay has never considered the implications of anything in his entire moron life.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wait is it not a requirement that things like gyms that wrestling would run out of are accessible in the US?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That rule doesn’t apply if you’re selling things though, so usually you lie and say whatever merch you’re bringing is promotional material if they ask.

At least that’s what I’ve heard from friends who work comic conventions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I don't remember which topic it was because they're all bleeding over, but I said not to harass people actually trying to be a better person. Joey Janella is not one of those people. You can spend a weekend "finding God" but live a lifetime searching for morals.

Dumbass.

I assume you mean Joey Ryan.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He’ll be a Fox News talking head before you know it

They'll pair him up with Tyrus, and their show will be require being filmed on an oil rig at least 150 kilometers from any woman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe WWE did do an investigation but it was the same quality of the one they just did for Velveteen Dream, where they just didn't bother to talk to or look into the actual claims made by the accuser at all?

All the Dream accusations are grooming, right? The WWE stance is probably "He didn't touch anyone, book him".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Venis, because Penis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The UK actually has a law that any domestic programming which appeals to children must include at minimum 40% pedophiles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first 7 words are reporting. The rest is taking a stance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Martial Arts schools train children and no one bats an eyelid. Gymnastic schools (which had and still has its own issues) still train children. Dance schools train children. Rugby teams, football teams cricket teams etc have multiple age groups. Wrestling schools shouldn't be any different but if they do train children then they need to be subject to the same rules around safeguarding the vulnerable as every one else.

The issue is that like a lot of places, *cough* gymnastics *cough*, the lack of oversight and protections has allowed predators to do their thing under cover. Hell a lot of the low key misogyny problems with BritWres are nearly identical to places like sales departments because people in power have turned a blind eye because of money.

Like 75% of those should be banned for children.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All of them cause lifelong injury in a significant number of their participants.

Most should be banned for adults too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

you do realise you're posting in the sports forum, right

I'm a land of contrasts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gymnasts do get a lot of concussions.

Want to know what sport is believed to have the highest rate of concussions? It's synchronized swimming.

Stop putting children in contact and high impact sports.

Anyway Joey Ryan sucks rear end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

collocation posted:

Dave Meltzer on Pollyanna and Candy Cartwright:

Didn't the promoter come right out and confirm Ospreay made them drop her?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He covered up a lot of this. gently caress him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WWE was willing to fire nobodies involved in the accusations.

Joey Ryan in WWE where he can't do his dick spots is just... Bobby Roode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If the venue made the move on their own it means it was common enough knowledge to them that Ospreay might have a problem with her.

And he had a problem with her because his friend raped her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davidbix posted:

So am I, and I can't get them to do their jobs most of the time.

Although they tend to react more often/quickly to reports of "I hope you die" type of stuff than they do with other harassment, don't they?

I still find it weird that nobody's been able to find anything like that, though.

They have made a token gesture of enforcing that recently after Trump caught covid.

The Ospreay stuff was earlier though.