Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
We have mason bees and leaf cutter bees in little houses. Am I safe from borem deficiency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Dear Watson posted:

We have mason bees and leaf cutter bees in little houses. Am I safe from borem deficiency?

Masons and cutters are probably fine, yeah. Watch out for the smith bees, as they tend to horde all the boron for use as flux.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Good thing that Boron Johnson saved the UK :britain:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Any goon serious post Itt gets a six. (Sponsored by boron)
Big Boron bans bad babbling goons engaging in bacchanalia because baccivorous bees backscatter baboonery.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The b in boron stands for bee the b in bee stands for boron

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

D. Ebdrup posted:

Big Boron bans bad babbling goons engaging in bacchanalia because baccivorous bees backscatter baboonery.

This is true. I read an article somewhere that said something like that.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im expanding on ops theory and have come to the conclusion that BEES and BORON must be acronyms. I dont want to give away too much, but here are a few leads

Big Elf Eryhthrocyte Serum

Batshit Esspresso Earthquake Sphere

Boron Everywhere Even (in my) Shoes

Be (sure to) Eat Equal Servings {boron & bees}

If anyone has experience with coded language please, now is your time to be a hero

thanks forums poster shovelbum for shining a light on this worldwide mystery of a phenomenon

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

we have to look deeper. to those that might still be sleeping on this one, take a gander at this list of FACTS

- BEES
- what are they made of?
- that's right, molecules. Hundreds of them

- boron
- seems innocent enough right? but what's this...
- that's right, a look inside this 'harmless' concoction and you will find
- molecules

I dont know what else I can say.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Ultra Carp
how can boron be real... if our eyes arent real?

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
What do bees make?
Honey
What do we do to bees' honey?
Rob it
What do bees contain?
Boron

WHAT IS HONEY AND BORON BACKWARDS?

NO ROB YE NOH (know)!!!

You know to stop robbing honey, then they'll give us back our boron!

WAKE UP BEEPLE

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Neophyte posted:

What do bees make?
Honey
What do we do to bees' honey?
Rob it
What do bees contain?
Boron

WHAT IS HONEY AND BORON BACKWARDS?

NO ROB YE NOH (know)!!!

You know to stop robbing honey, then they'll give us back our boron!

WAKE UP BEEPLE

now we are cooking the bees with boron. this is the energy we need if we are going to solve any of this mess. were are you when we need you most nickhisself. the clock is ticking, and it is almost breakfast.

there it is. another b. ever since nick published his manifesto on the true origins of consciousness I have been noticing the letter b everywhere.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

there it is. another b. ever since nick published his manifesto on the true origins of consciousness I have been noticing the letter b everywhere.
well since its the second letter of one of the alphabets, shouldn't it be the second most common letter???

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug
Speaking of bugs and boron, you can make a pretty good pet safe ant killer if you put a splash of borax in some simple syrup and leave it out for the ants to eat. The borax doesn't kill them instantly so the ants will take the infused syrup back to their nest and the whole colony will go down.

Now you never need to buy Raid traps again. Your welcome.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
get a brane u borans

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

RememberYourMantra posted:

Now you never need to buy Raid traps again. Your welcome.
Thank you this is good to info. I actually have not had ants get into the kitchen sink this year for the first time since I've lived here. I dunno why but this exactly what the raid traps say they do so I'm gonna try it if the come back this year

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Devils Affricate posted:

My favorite part about this theory is how you could be just dandy on your boron levels but if you come into contact with someone who isn't getting enough of the good stuff you too could become deficient. We are all telekinetic boron vampires.

Also I'm thankful for the fact that now in the modern world, elevated concern over BEE extinction has become a quick litmus test for whether or not someone is a complete idiot

“telekinetic boron vampire” would be a sweet username

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

nickhimself posted:

I was doing a lot of research on nutrition and how the elements actually seem to be really involved in our bodies even though we just think of them as more complex molecules, or "fats, carbs, proteins".

Boron is high in Raisins, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Hazel Nuts, Peaches, Apples, a handful of others. Boron is only supplied to us by one animal on the whole loving planet: BEES.

Over-tilling of soil depletes the natural ecology of its boron reserves. You know how that poo poo's been represented in history? That's why we loving move, you guys. They probably started noticing more and more sickness, fewer and fewer harvests worth a drat. Gotta go.

China is extremely aggressive in every region it can touch. Farming got hit hard. Not only do their pollutants kill their lungs, they seep into the soil and turn mushrooms into heavy metal carrying assholes. I think it's button mushrooms from china that have high heavy metal toxicity.

Check the world maps yourself. Global bee colonies by world map. Global boron resources by map. China is turning their food, air, and water toxic. They haven't produced real honey for I don't know how long. They make fake-rear end honey. It's essence of honey.

Check the nih.gov site for Boron studies. Every god damned boron study ends with "wow this was amazing we should check this out some more but instead it's time to suck the government's dick for $5 in funding"

Check the symptoms of Boron deficiency.
Check the symptoms of Covid-19.

This is a loving INSANE nutritional deficiency that is literally killing people. Boron is apparently ESSENTIAL to our health.

Google all of these things yourselves. If you agree that this needs to be investigated by a doctor or ANYONE who can check charts and poo poo for these things specifically, please tell them about that.

what the gently caress boron is like a super-super-super nutrient.

It also appears, very seriously, to be like... the main reason women have menstrual cramps, yeast, and osteoarthritis. Low boron in your diet just fuuuuuuucking wrecks your body. No anti-microbial protection.

Seriously, please eat some legumes and raisins even if you don't care about sharing what might be a cure for a loving garbage disease. Just at least be healthy for yourselves.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Goddamn you are a big, stupid dummy.

CDC Photo Library posted:

Description:
Transmission electron microscopic image of an isolate from the first U.S. case of COVID-19, formerly known as 2019-nCoV. The spherical viral particles, colorized blue, contain cross-section through the viral genome, seen as black dots.

I’m sure these “scientists” who took the photo of the virus must be wrong and it is a deficiency of raisins* that is to blame, though.

*although a splash of sodium tetraborate does work somewhat well as a leviathan repellent, if my recently binged Netflix show is anything to go by.**

**It is not because it is a fiction and there is no invading force of leviathans that has been accidentally released from purgatory into our dimension by an Angel trying to become a god because God sucks.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've got a bucket of borax. Will that do anything ?

Burn the gently caress out of leviathans which will hopefully give you enough time to machete their head from their body. Then keep the head somewhere separate from the body so that it does not reattach itself.***

***still fiction.

Bored fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 20, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Can you get the raisin boron from raisin suppositories or do you have to eat them

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Boring your boron hole with raisins

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Rad-daddio posted:

Everyone talks about boron, but everyone stays silent about boroff

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

boroff karloff was murdered for knowing too much

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bird with big dick posted:

Can you get the raisin boron from raisin suppositories or do you have to eat them

Yes

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
We must create a strategic national reserve of boron posthaste. No time to build any containers. We'll have to fill up the Grand Canyon with it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bird poo poo contains boron

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Boron will put some pep in your step and some kick in your dick

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Feelings are not facts, OP. I dare you to stay off drugs for a month and then tell us your 'great' ideas weren't merely smoke dreams.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Boron

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Bird poo poo contains boron

You're just saying that so we'll eat your rear end.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have a borat deficiency

not very nice :(

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Jeza posted:

get a brane u borans

*Borane. Pls spell it correctly sir

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

boron and boron accessories

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Certainly no MORON shortage lol. :clint:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
OP seems like schizo gibberish but britain's problems all come from endemic iodine deficiency it makes them like america but 5-10% dumber and it explains everything about them

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Certainly no MORON shor-

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Certainly no MORON shortage lol. :clint:

gently caress!!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, I found you a Boron Princess:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If four space titties are wrong i dont wanna be right rolling up a fatty dipped in birdshit rn.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
OP, we’re not mocking you, we’re saying “boo-orons”

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

this is like my fave cereal when i was a kid

wasps 'n' boron, part of a balanced breakfast

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
When I grow up I want to graduate from Boron University!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

CleverHans posted:

When I grow up I want to graduate from Boron University!

Go Fighting Borons!!!