Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Starter: Popplio
Nickname: Hatsune Mizu

get it, because mizu means water :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Hau is a good boy and one of my favorite rivals and I shall not stand for slander against him :colbert:
also:

quote:

Hau started the odd pattern of rivals not picking the starter that beats your starter. It kind of makes sense, he’s the platonic ideal of chill, as opposed to a seething pile of “I’m not a loser, you’re the loser! Smell ya later!” like Blue.
He didn't start the pattern - Bianca did back in Gen 5.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 23, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Truthkeeper posted:

Bianca doesn't count, Gen 5 had two rivals, Cheren had the starter that beat the players.
so does this game - even if it takes a bit for him to show up & evolve his pokemon, Gladion's pokemon changes type depending on your starter.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Black Robe posted:

Next update we'll encounter the most infuriating part of the game for me. It's Rotom. I loving hate the Rotomdex. The stupid thing won't shut up. It's the Pokemon equivalent of Mr Clippy except you can't tell it to stop bugging you.
oh god i detest that stupid thing

"Hey Rotom-A! Here's some more advice you didn't ask for! Did you know you can heal at pokemon centers??" shut up and let me see the map!! that's your only purpose!!!!!!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Joltik would have been the superior lightning bug so we could have called it Web Spider after Megaman, but we'll have to make do.

Bugzapper.
also tossing my vote in for Bugzapper, because I was literally just about to type it myself :v:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I would care more about Tierno's dancing if he ever mentioned anything that wasn't dancing, but no, it's every sentence with the guy

Black Robe posted:

Tierno never bothered me. He never wanted to be a battler, he's very clear about that. It's his 'friends' who give him poo poo for it and pressure him into fighting the player, I think I remember his dialogue explicitly saying that he's only challenging us because everyone else is. I bet his pokemon are good dancers :unsmith: You can gently caress off Trevor, at least your friend is doing something he enjoys. Nobody cares about the pokedex. Nobody.

I, unfortunately, care about completing the pokedex :v:

But yeah Trevor sucks, you can catch literally nothing and he'll still go "aw shucks, your pokedex is better than mine!! :saddowns:"

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Truthkeeper posted:

Did you get a government grant to play with your dog?
Counterpoint: if he did, that would immediately qualify him for the title of "smartest professor in the entire series."

the rest of them had to get degrees, and actually have to worry about things like "academic standards," whereas Kukui gets the same amount of funds because he put on a labcoat. Game that system!

As for slowpoke... I've got nothin', sorry. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Black Robe posted:

oh no, it's Rotom

Maybe we can throw the dex at things. That counts as battling, right?
Yes.