Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
This thread reminds me of the time a few years ago that I was I came across a rack of fridge magnets with twee little doll-like effigies of historical figures such as Einstein or Freud, though in this case the selection skewed very conspicuously to a certain kind of woke college liberal crowd. I don't recall seeing any RBG dolls but there was a Hillary Clinton magnet sitting, very appropriately, in between the effigies of Che Guevara and Malcolm X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
rbg told kaepernick to shut up because he didnt vote in 2016, ignoring the fact that he lives in California

she loving sucks rear end

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
thought this thread was about rat boy genius. voted 1

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gh0stpinballa posted:

easily the most annoying political cult outside of belingcat readers

I read the most recent post of The Flare Path on RPS recently and I got loving mad online finding out that they're a bellingcat worshipper

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Taintrunner posted:

I read the most recent post of The Flare Path on RPS recently and I got loving mad online finding out that they're a bellingcat worshipper

no...

no!!!!

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

it’s like her, kagan, and the iran deal lol

Replace Kagan with "tried to be friendly with Cuba"

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I don't like how she thinks the 2A is obsolete now because the US military can handle all threats.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

paul_soccer12 posted:

rbg told kaepernick to shut up because he didnt vote in 2016, ignoring the fact that he lives in California

lol can you link something about this?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

human garbage bag posted:

I don't like how she thinks the 2A is obsolete now because the US military can handle all threats.

That's not what that is for. Also lol no they can't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Stevens's dissent in Heller was good. Rip to a real one.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

Remember, Clinton appointed her because she was recommended by Orrin Hatch and other Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Sotomayor is the only good justice on this court

Like literally the best anybody could hope for with Biden is that his handlers just poo poo out another Merrick Garland nomination for the senate to block for four years.

Not that we really have to worry about that scenario

:smugdon:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

GalacticAcid posted:

Making the soy face as I carry my infant son around wearing this

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dustcat posted:

i've had this ready for years but she's probably gonna outlive the forums

:rip:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Dustcat posted:

Oh my god lmfao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dustcat posted:

What the gently caress.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Dustcat posted:

drat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1276165901843398658?s=20

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Came to post the above. Textbook example.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Shes trash, not as much as the rest of the sup court, but still complete trash.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
someone post the pic of Marge Simpson learning RBG is bad, please

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Yo it be that RBG son! I think she's like some kind of harry potter themed hip hop rapper or something? Anyway if you don't like her you're racist against black people.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

there's a reason why the acronym AWFL applies to a lot of her cultists

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

paul_soccer12 posted:

and later walked it back in the most liberal bloodless liberal "I regret saying that" way they always do when they see public opinion and history turning on them years later.
The part I find funniest about the RBG cult poo poo is it literally was a manufactured thing once people wanted to cash in with poo poo like books and biopics.
Nobody liked or cared about her as a cultural thing, hell parks and recs literally had a joke about Leslie Knope having a weird obsession with her -back before the libs began embracing Leslie as an aspirational figure.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/1283150409603792896

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Oh my god I hope she's off the supreme court in time for Trump to get to replace her, that would be hilarious.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i think the best outcome would be trump loses then rbg dies before January and he dunks in diamond and silk or something a day before the senate inaguration

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i think the best outcome would be trump loses then rbg dies before January and he dunks in diamond and silk or something a day before the senate inaguration
justice stephen miller :swoon:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Ground floor for RBG death watch, round 100,000. Maybe this time ...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
genuine question: if biden wins will the replacement be worse lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Jose posted:

vote blue and find out!!!! :twisted:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it’ll be an empty seat because mitch mcconnell is just too strong and the Democrats are powerless against him

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I can’t wait for her to die in january and for a million libs to get furious with me (while a 40 year old who thinks birth control is murder gets confirmed) for pointing out she could have resigned in 2013 but didn’t out of pure ego

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Women do belong in worker's Soviet councils :colbert:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Jose posted:

he'll nominate a pro-life democrat who teams up with the republicans to kill roe v wade anyways

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
imagine being enough of a dumb motherfucker to think that joe biden, the dude almost solely responsible for Clarence Thomas being on the SC, is gonna get a good RBG replacement

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

abolish the Supreme Court and replace it with a chamber of 50 Marxist scholars

real talk one of the best ideas I've seen about a replacement of the judiciary in a revolutionary system (because tripartite political division is liberal af and the judiciary becomes the de facto guarantee force of reaction) is a constitutional soviet-like assembly formed by a group of random citizens and having them validated/ratified by their peers of their local councils, to deliberate and decide specifically on one matter alone and their decision to be submitted to a referendum of approval

so instead of having a system that ultimately can be gamed because it has to work as a pipeline towards a fundamentally elitist quasi-tyrannical group of for-life judges, taking years for every important decision to work as law of the land, you would have multiple groups of citizens (which would be aided by properly trained people of course) offering the "social mean" in propositive terms for society, while also ultimately offering a representative vote in accepting or not the terms involved

with that said, I know little about this woman other than she is treated like some sort of living saint by liberals and that if she croaks it would be some sort of seal of the apocalypse being broken, which loving lmao?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DoubleDonut posted:

it’ll be an empty seat because mitch mcconnell is just too strong and the Democrats are powerless against him

They'll run with garland again

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
🎵its the room where it happens the room where it happens 🎶 👐

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

real talk one of the best ideas I've seen about a replacement of the judiciary in a revolutionary system (because tripartite political division is liberal af and the judiciary becomes the de facto guarantee force of reaction)

The bull moose party solution was that every time the supreme court tried to strike down a law for being unconstitutional, the law would be put to a popular vote of the entire citizenry instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/blackmesslah/status/1284333164928937984?s=21