Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

New flag of my city

The ye olde one

I’m very into the new one, but I understand some people love boring costs of arms from 300 years ago

To be fair, I like the new one because it is your cities new coat of arms on a flag. Your city has a pretty interesting history with coat of arms too and you can see the changes the area went through in them. I don't think the old one was adopted until 1998 even though it has a really old-fashioned look. The new one having the Baiterek tower is cool to because it really is representing your city, and a leopard is pretty generic compared to it.

This was the source on Wikipedia about the coat of arms, sorry it's all in Cyrillic so I'm not sure how good the google translate did with it.

https://geraldika.ru/s/21000

gurragadon fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU