Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Best US flag is the 48 star flag absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Look at its amazing symmetrical beauty. Look at it! We need to get rid of 4 states and grant DC and Puerto Rico statehood to go back to it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Vermont was an independent Republic for longer than Texas and California put together. The Republic of West Florida was independent for longer than California.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

We should have kept adding new stripes to the flag with new states till at least 30 or so

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Femtosecond posted:

What you'd rename the province to however I have no good idea.

Alta Washington

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Mississippians should be bold and adopt this flag:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You wanna trust in God, do ya?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

lilbeefer posted:

Australian Aboriginal Flag

I think it is a good flag as far as flags go.

Where we're going, we don't need flags to see.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Looks like the Mississippi state flag is really going to be changed.

What's going to happen is that when the Governor signs the bill, Mississippi will cease to have any official flag.

After that a commission will come up with a new flag, which will be voted on by the people at the next election.

If the people vote down the choice of the commission, they'll go back and figure out another one, and present that one for voter approval at the next election.

This could go on for years!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Platystemon posted:

The flag of Guam has been described as being “a first‐person view of being born on Guam.”

More yonic symbolism in flags please

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Just more flags and emblems that suffer from being far too busy, even if the individual elements and colors are acceptable.

e: the first one in particular, there's just no coherence at all.

That's why my favorite flag is the 48 star US flag. It's basically perfect. I'm completely serious.

Simple, coherent, symmetrical, powerful, honest.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm all for it but canadians usually tell me they don't want us because we'll shoot everyone and vote away their healthcare

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I think the ones that are actually grids (54, 60, 63, 66, 70) are pretty ugly; I wonder if anyone else agrees. I can't put my finger on why, but I vastly prefer the other ones, where the stars aren't directly on top of each other.

You are a crazy person, the 48 star flag is the best the US ever had. I want DC and PR statehood but also the abolition of 4 other states so we can go back to that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That French heraldrist who accidentally invented the beaver tiger was a cousin of the US Army officer who turned the caduceus into a symbol for medicine.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Spiritual cousins.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Second one is the best

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You people are thinking about what you like looking at high-res pictures on your computers or phones. You're not thinking about how a flag would look from a ways off, limp, hanging off a flag pole. The owl design is absolutely the best looking but it wouldn't make the best practical flag.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Practicality is why all flags should be tricolors.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Consider how popular soviet kitsch is in the US. Everyone vaguely non-right knows the soviet anthem's tune. Half the internet has earnest or "ironic" sickles and hammers plastered over their personas. People bravely post about how leftist they are with comedy gangtags of the dude that genocided my wife's family on in these here forums. Is it really weird that other people do the same with equally-foreign symbols?
What

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

People in America don't know the tune of the Soviet anthem

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

When you guys are thinking "Soviet anthem" are you talking about The Internationale?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Extremely Texasy of Ranger, Texas to put the high school football mascot on the flag.

Cops and football- visit Ranger!

I love Ranger

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This is the flag of the city of Makiivka in eastern Ukraine. Geographically it's sort of the Fort Worth to Donetsk's Dallas.

The flag in the upper left is the flag of the Donetsk region. The black star stands for coal. The gold star represents metallurgy. The green star is for natural beauty. The white star represents spirituality.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

How about every flag is a tricolor, every single state flag of the 50 states.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Minnesota flag should be just like the Guam flag but the picture inside the yoni could be an old Buick buried in snow

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Remember that the original American plan was to add a stripe for every state as well

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bland is better than aggressively ugly, but drat that's bland. Guess it's on point for the Midwest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Try drawing that one, kids