Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I'm not much for flag design per se, but from a general visual design perspective the TN flag seems perfectly decent. It's got a little extra flourish on the side and it might be a little difficult to draw from memory perfectly accurately, but that's fine, it's very distinctive and highly visible without being overloaded with cruft. Its greatest crime is being associated with stans of Tennessee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
My home state of Kentucky has a pretty lame flag.

It's just the state seal on a flag, and the design of that seal has, ah, aged a bit. It's also great, in an irony-poisoned sense, because I'm not sure whether an official, like, vectorized version exists, the flags and seals vary WIDELY in color, detail, and composition anywhere you see them.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Belatedly, thanks for the KY flag stuff. Additionally,

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Uses fleur-de-lis which is really only a symbol of Louisville and not Kentucky as a whole
what else is new

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

2. Confederate/ Civil War stuff.
poo poo loving sucks. Yeah, whoo, border state with a horrible loving history, I still shouldn't have to see confederate flags on main street ya fucks

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Pretty dope worker power flag. Makes me want to go strike a coal mine company.
This is pretty sweet at least.

And while I'm not entirely sold on that last flag, it's still better than the state seal flag.

UNRELATEDLY, yes, who the hell keeps putting flags on other flags, why is that a thing, it's like a tiny historical trademark symbol hanging out in the corner and looks tacky as all hell