Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Angepain posted:

I just looked at this a bit closer and it seems like everything on there is a country except for the UN and every consistent country of specifically the UK, including loving Jersey, Guernsey and Gibraltar. But not Northern Ireland. Oh and Norfolk Island is included. A lot of choices being made here

I'm the flag of Free Tibet (banned by china since 1959).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Chicago is pretty cool, but I hate baby blue on white. And the high contrast stars make it even worse.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Time to post the best of Finnish heraldry again?

Kennel fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jul 1, 2020

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Count Roland posted:

I like how the club is the focus of this, while the bear-arm that's holding it is merely incidental.

I knew I was in trouble when I noticed that the bear was holding a club.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Alhazred posted:

I remember we had a project in the kindergarten where I worked when we learned about different flags. One of my colleagues that's originally from the Philippines informed me that I had accidentally displayed their flag in a manner that indicated that their were at war.

Wikipedia confirms

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Never let Americans design a flag.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Just hire a marketing company to design a fresh new flag. Maybe get a new name as well.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

dear god this is hideous and nigh-illegible

why is there comic sans cursive cyrillic on a flag

I presume they used non-standardised flags that were a hand-written slogan on red fabric, but the wikipedia fact box requires a nice, clean and sterile vector image, so someone whipped that out.

e. ah, it's based on this photo:

But yeah, there's variations:

Kennel fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 13, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Have CGP Grey roasting little girls state flags:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4w6808wJcU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Platystemon posted:

That’s not even the best flag with that combination of flags on it.

Population 580. What a waste for a neat flag.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Africa begins at the Carpathians.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Not a fan of blue next to blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hippocrass posted:

Why does your keyboard have so many upside down letters?

:australia: